Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World reset within MultiWorld

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by richardcbristol, Dec 8, 2015.

1. richardcbristol

richardcbristol Active Member

Hi there,

Realised i posted this in the wrong section (thanks to the person who pointed this out).

What i'm after is the ability to restore individual worlds in a multi-world server to an initial state (for use with minigames and adventure maps).

I took a look at TimeCapsule and that does the entire server so no good in it's current form.

Someone suggested just disabling save but that's no good either as a world may be played in adventure mode over several days potentially with log in and log out by several players before we want to reset it. Also don't think that option works with multi-world set up either.

Essentially you're unloading the world, restoring the world files from a backup and then loading the world again using the multiworld commands. Should be fairly simple to do but do i really want to learn PHP to do it? :) I guess if will if i have to but i'm surprised no one has done this already.
  2. PocketKiller

PocketKiller Notable Member

do you have ManyWorlds? (public plugin)
    there is a way without learning PHP
    simply run the command /save-off
    remove all players from the world you want to reset with anyway
    reload the world with ManyWorlds (/mw unload <world> /mw load <world>)
    richardcbristol likes this.
  3. richardcbristol

/save-off disables autosaving on *all* my worlds on my multi-world server.. And as I've said above I do want autosaving for the duration of the particular adventure map which may well be played over several days.

Appreciate this would be easier running single world servers and maybe that's the way I need to go. But I'm ideally aiming at a creative world or two, a survival world or two (all of which need autosave) but also some mini-games / adventure maps which will need to be able to reset to an initial state on demand. (and yes I know how to do that with a timer or an in game button and set the permissions and all of that stuff).
    PocketKiller likes this.
  4. richardcbristol

If some admin could move this to Plugin's request where I somehow inexplicably have failed to post this that would help... I'm clearly having a bad day :)
  5. PocketKiller

NO! Don't go sad.. wait for @Intyre to start checking threads like everyday.
  6. richardcbristol

No one? Damn I may have to learn PHP after all :)
  7. PocketKiller

there is a plugin by @wolfdale for packing up words to reset them.
  8. PocketKiller

9. richardcbristol