Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Which PocketMine Server Host is the Best?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Darunia18, Jan 31, 2014.

?

Which server host is the best?

1. ServerCrate

13.9%
  2. potpotsie

9.9%
  3. PocketServer

14.9%
  4. WoBHosting

7.9%
  5. eDevil

3.0%
  6. Other (post below)

50.5%
  1. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    He is not banned yet?
  2. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    Whoops how'd he slip by.
  3. Lambo

Lambo Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Lambo
    He probably runs multiple servers
  4. EdwardAllington

EdwardAllington Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Edwardthedog2
    My favorite is 2si.me hosting. They offer both Pocketmine servers and Spigiot servers, for free.
  5. EdwardAllington

EdwardAllington Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Edwardthedog2
    Actually this one is 24/7. I have to admit though sometimes it crashes, and other times it won't start up, but only cause the networks busy. But most of the time, the server runs great, and it has lots of ram. Plus they don't let you download all of the pocketmine plugins, but all of the important ones.
  6. HOST

HOST Active Member

Minecraft User:
    HOST
    i say use own vps or dedicated server! like most say i know its harder and takes more time thats because your full in control..
    server crash? no problem use remote desktop and restart it instantly!
    don't rely on others...
    why worry if you have full control?
    install plugins as you go along.
    modify everything to your own needs.
    only you are in control of your uptime.
    transip.eu has a deal for 17,50 you get..
    • 2 Intel Xeon
    • 4.096 MB
    • 150 GB SSD
    • 5.000 GB Data traffic
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • /64 IPv6-range
    • 1 Snapshot
    • Monitoring
    i dont use it myself but would get it if i did not have a dedicated server already.
    need help setting up server on windows vps,dedicated server?
    here is your man ;)
  7. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    I'm hosting a number of PM servers using multicraft on a 4x2GHz core Cpu VPS with 4GB RAM, unlimited data, Gigabit Ethernet and 40GB SSD from turnkey Internet and couldn't be happier with up to about 100 players across all the servers.

I started out with pocketserver.net... but quickly realised that although pretty cheap it was always going to be amateur. Backups are very unreliable so I had to do daily FTP copies, support was slow...

So I tried netherbox which was much better. Support was good and fast, and the servers ran very well indeed. Once again backups let me down though, and since you can rent a VPS with higher specs for less money... That's what I'm doing. I did also check out a friends servers on cookedporkchop but although their backups work correctly, the control panel was pretty awful.

I've used a Windows VPS for completely unrelated software with turnkey Internet for over 5 years and have only good things to say about their support and technology. And they are a green hosting company :)

I didnt have much experience with Linux but it didn't take long to set up a Centos7 CLI box (contrary to what one post said, I do not recommend running the entire desktop experience... SSH is perfect) running multicraft with several pocketmine servers. It turns out that multicraft backups don't work either... But with my own VPS it didn't take long to set up a cron job to backup all my servers and rotate. Multicraft also spreads resources across multiple cores, so we have very little lag even when servers have been up for 24 hours or more. Also with multicraft on a vps you can edit multicraft.conf to filter out any undesirable console messages like "moved wrongly ", "couldn't tick level..." etc. My most trusted in-game staff also now have console access which I can limit as I wish while I teach them how to help me run it :)

I dont have any connection whatsoever to turnkey Internet, but I'd recommend them to anyone with my eyes closed. Also they occasionally do amazing lifetime deals, and the servers are hardly ever down - when they are it is very early morning US time, and they warn you days in advance when possible.

I hope this helps someone...
  8. JohnMcossley

JohnMcossley New Member

Minecraft User:
    JohnMcossley
    DunxandMinecraft likes this.
  9. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    256 MB ram? OMG, you are kidding me.
    PEMapModder likes this.
  10. JohnMcossley

JohnMcossley New Member

Minecraft User:
    JohnMcossley
    for me that ram is too small thats why im giving free server and im not kidding
  11. NML32

NML32 Active Member

I was trying to order Hostingitall today but the promo code on their web kept Saying expired. I emailed them and they replied they dont have any Promos. What a way to tease their new customers.
  12. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Stop advertising...