Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Which PocketMine Server Host is the Best?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Darunia18, Jan 31, 2014.

?

Which server host is the best?

1. ServerCrate

13.9%
  2. potpotsie

9.9%
  3. PocketServer

14.9%
  4. WoBHosting

7.9%
  5. eDevil

3.0%
  6. Other (post below)

50.5%
  1. Jag

Jag Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Jag
    I have used both ServerCrate and Hostingitall.com. ServerCrate's servers are great when they are working. However, when they go down it can take a while to get a response back from the company. My longest wait was fours days which made me look for another provider. Hostingitall.com is actually a little cheaper than ServerCrate and the service is outstanding. I usually get a reply to a submitted ticket within minutes.

Both services provide access to FTP files and the ability to upload, download and edit files. ServerCrate's might be a little easier to navigate for a beginner but I think Hostingitall.com is easier for someone who wants more flexibility and knows what they are doing.
    -Jag
    HostingItAll and Tuff like this.
  2. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    Or you can be like me getting refurbished rack mounts and running your server off solar and wind generators to negate the power cost and have physical control over your own server.
    #TotesElitest
  3. iJoshuaHD

iJoshuaHD Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iJoshuaHD
    it would be a great option if your budget is more than $50 for a MCPE server.
  4. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    My servers run with 0.0000000000000000000000000000201% lag from my Ubuntu laptop. Server racks are slow. :p
  5. decado

decado Active Member

Minecraft User:
    decado
    I can smell the digital testosterone in the air LOL

I too run some low powered green servers for web, fttp, file and mail functions on solar and battery backup but I wouldn't use them for gaming purposes.

There is no arguing that Linux is better on resources that other O/S's but even I am sick of it and I had to use it for years in datacenter work. I also spend a good part of each year in hospital now I am getting on at which time the wife and son have to run the network so if it doesn't run on windows now days it doesn't make it onto my network. It works and really for the non enthusiast / professional level user is probably the platform of choice.

Servercrate has just had yet another outage that lasted 4 times longer than projected BUT their support IS getting better and as everyone has said .. when their service is running it works well. I'm going to give them one more chance before I move the server I have there.

In the end what does that tell us?

Whatever works best for you ... GO FOR IT! There is no "one size fits all"

Regards
    Decado
    Darunia18 likes this.
  6. tnpxxsheepdog

tnpxxsheepdog Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Get a VPS. I use digital ocean. The problem with companies that host minecraft speicif servers is they charge the same price for a 10 slot server that you could get with a 50 slot server. Plus a VPS usually gives no restrictions to the slot and data.

It takes a lot more computer knowledge to operate a linux VPS than a company, like a minecraft host, doing it for you. It is rewarding though!
  7. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    Not 2.4k worth of hardware.
  8. Connor4898

Connor4898 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Connor4898
    I was with SimpleNode, a great hosting company with decent customer support, but their prices were a bit too expensive for what I was after. Currently, I'm with HostingItAll, which has amazing customer support (I usually get a reply in a few minutes), and it's also cheaper than SimpleNode, with more specs :)
  9. zhaus

zhaus New Member

Minecraft User:
    zhaus
    Hi Guys,

I'm the developer of PocketServer.net, if you have any questions about our service I'm happy to answer them and if you want a free trial send me a PM and get I'll you set up.

Our support team empties the support inbox multiple times a day, so you won't be waiting days for a response.

With regards to slots, CPU and RAM, a lot of hosts out there have taken the memory models from PC minecraft, however PocketMine is completely different. It doesn't need much RAM at all, 30 slot servers with lots of plugins easily run with only 200MB of RAM. For PocketMine CPU is key (as it's single threaded interpreted language - PHP is slow compared to Java) and because of this we've recently released our dedicated server plans (which include FTP - http://pocketserver.net/pricing#dedicated).

These servers get their own dedicated server and CPU with 512MB of RAM. You can run as many slots as you like on these plans although he CPU maxes out at around 35 slots. We're hoping PocketMine 1.4 will raise this limit further.
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  10. codmadnesspro

codmadnesspro Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Codmadnesspro
    Thats your ram ;o
  11. DarkN3ss

DarkN3ss Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    DarkN3ss61
  12. mr.ahmad

mr.ahmad Banned

Minecraft User:
    mr.ahmad
    pocketmine
  13. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    Hey what about some love to Shadowhost.ie ? :D I hear they have good VPS' Under 15 dollars I think? With SSHD's and SSD's?

I'm staying on topic. Nothing against that.
  14. codmadnesspro

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Codmadnesspro
    "129gb ram" You high?
  15. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    You don't even get that in dedicated server places these days for that kind of money.
  16. iJoshuaHD

iJoshuaHD Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iJoshuaHD
    this is a joke ....
  17. codmadnesspro

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Codmadnesspro
    [​IMG]
    DarkN3ss and TheRealJ2KK2J like this.
  18. codmadnesspro

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Codmadnesspro
    Are you kidding? Thats not cheap for just 10 players.
    Darunia18 likes this.
  19. codmadnesspro

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Codmadnesspro
    I can get 1gb ram for $5
  20. ZenCloud

ZenCloud Active Member

Minecraft User:
    ZenCloud
    Well CookedPorkchop Hosting have not many problems when I Used it. They answer every support ticket in just 15 minutes or so. My server havent been through any lag.