Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question When is the official release of 1.4?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Robert Smyth, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Robert Smyth

Robert Smyth New Member

Minecraft User:
    Rob_Smyth
    Ok, i'm sorry to ask this I bet loads of other people have pestered you all but when is the new update for pocketmine 1.4 going to be released? The official stable one, which detects old worlds? I really have been paitent but I am starting to get restless people have lost contact with me as everyone is on 0.9.0. And someone mentioned that the new API with be backwards compatible with the old one... correct me if i'm wrong. My conclusion: How much more longer till the stable finished release of Pocketmine-MP 1.4?
  2. the mine-crafting crafter

the mine-crafting crafter Active Member

Minecraft User:
    the_ender_creep
    It depends how hard they are working really
    Robert Smyth likes this.
  3. Robert Smyth

Robert Smyth New Member

Minecraft User:
    Rob_Smyth
    Yeah, I guess
  4. Tuff

Tuff Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Roboroug2
    The new api is certainly not backwards compatible with old api plugins. I don't doubt that there is a way to convert the old, limited world's into 0.9 world's, that feature is just not available yet. The latest version of Pocketmine is joinable if the client has 0.9.4 installed, that's not to say it isn't really buggy still. The ball is not in Pocketmine court really either, mojang still has a lot of things that need fixing on their end. And it's also good to keep in mind that the developers (usually) have lives outside of Pocketmine development, it's not like this is their job.
  5. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    It bugs me that Mojang released the update when it wasn't stable enough. Who cares how long it takes. It's better to wait then get this.
    Tuff, Praxthisnovcht and LDX like this.
  6. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    I felt the same way. If people wouldn't bug Mojang and ask them "how long untill u relees th nu mcep updeta ? ? 7" every three and a half minutes, the updates might be decent.
  7. Elmo

Elmo Active Member

Minecraft User:
    optrusty
    2 Years maybe XD just kidding It depends but they dont do it with magic
  8. Robert Smyth

Robert Smyth New Member

Minecraft User:
    Rob_Smyth
    Sorry, I was getting desperate
  9. Robert Smyth

Robert Smyth New Member

Minecraft User:
    Rob_Smyth
    Ok, what i am saying is that the console, when starting the server says: loading level 'Red vs Blue'. It successfully loads. When i connect, I get a simple 0.9.0 survival world. Really?!?! It baffles me (BTW I tried beta release of 1.4 in seperate folder. To me it seems like a client problem, maybe a cheap cached world. I guess all we can do is wait...
  10. tnpxxsheepdog

tnpxxsheepdog Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    I say another month until we are really where we need to be.
  11. Robert Smyth

Robert Smyth New Member

Minecraft User:
    Rob_Smyth
    Ok :) And thanks to EVERYONE! You all make everyone's day, by coding amazing servers with all your effort and publish them at no cost. You guys are amazing! :D :D :D
  12. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    PocketMine loads worlds in the Anvil format, which is the one used in PC version. @shoghicp started working on this long before Mojang gave any information about the LevelDB format (what MCPE 0.9.0 infinite worlds use). The old 0.8.1 limited worlds use a different format from the other two as well, and PocketMine 1.3 used a pmf format different from the other three. There is a detailed tutorial on how to convert PocketMine 1.3 worlds, as well as 0.8.1 worlds, to the new Anvil format in the Help section, but currently, there isn't anything for the new 0.9.0 infinite worlds format.
  13. Robert Smyth

Robert Smyth New Member

Minecraft User:
    Rob_Smyth
    Ok. Thanks for the explaination, very clear :)
    Darunia18 likes this.