Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question What is included in base PocketMine?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by blackreign, Feb 26, 2016.

1. blackreign

blackreign New Member

Hi, I apologize if I'm being redundant here. I've used the search tool and hunted around quite a bit before choosing to ask for information through the forum.

I've set up a PMMP server on a raspberry pi 2. Things seem be operating as well as should be expected on minimal hardware.

My question is:

What is and isn't included in basic PocketMine installation? Is there a list of the supported base features?

For now, the server is for my family and some of their friends to use as a place to collaborate.

Thank you
  2. DestroyerofDeq

DestroyerofDeq Active Member

Minecraft User:
    DestroyerofDeq
    By features your mean.....
  3. blackreign

blackreign New Member

I mean what parts of the vanilla game are implemented?

What I understand is not implemented are mobs, redstone, minecars.

I'm wondering what else isn't there. Is any ore generated? I started a survial world but, with no mobs and, so far, no ore to mine, this seems kind of pointless/hopeless. Is the answer just to have a creative world?

I'm not meaning to complain about anything, I'm just trying to gather information as I begin to learn about PocketMine and what it has to offer.

My goal is just to have a world or a multitude of worlds that are safe and always on.
  4. DamienR

DamienR New Member

Minecraft User:
    damien
    hi - this question is perfect in its timing ! - dont mean to hijack it but I have exactly the same questions - I just installed this on a ubuntu server - for the kids - I am in no way fluent in MC -> logged on to the pocketmine server from a few tablets to test and its working fine - BUT I do notice that on the individual worlds on the local machines they have inventory - blocks - tools - materials ect - but in the pocketmine world they dont - would like ot set this stuff up before I give the critters access as I presume that has become the defacto standard for their PE worlds and imagine without it they will just be bored on my server

- is there a way to just add stuff permanently to a users inventory ?
    -can you have mobs - zombies - villagers - animals & stuff ?
    - can you have more than one world to choose from ?
    any other pointers
    stuff like that

I got the pocket console up plug in and running - is that what I need to do to achieve all of this - add in more plug ins ?
    apologies if I seem to hijack this thread - just figure there was no point in starting a 2nd one with basically the same questions

thanks from an old fart !!
  5. DamienR

DamienR New Member

Minecraft User:
    damien
    ahem .. so I got educated a little by my kid since I posted this : ( guess I should admit - I am totally ignorant to the world of mincraft )

I had created the world through the wizard and selected survival - hence the empty inventory - I did change that to creative - but I guess the initial creation did it for me - so I went back created a new server - new world in creative mode and lo and behold I have a full inventory !!!
    probably overkill & I'm sure theres a more efficient way to change around the worlds but I just went with what I have learned so far

making a note of it here as it might help some other hapless idiot !!!

also - on my 1st pass I did have to update the API reference in the pocket dock console and recompile with an online phar compiler - I believe from one of the contributors here - so thanks for that guys !

next step I guess is to throw in some more plug ins and see how we go

I hope the original poster doesnt mind if I update this thread - as I said previously seems like we are in a near enough place at the moment
  6. blackreign

blackreign New Member

Hey. So I've been learning a lot more than I expected to since I started what I thought was going be a weekend project to create a tiny server.

I just updated my source with the latest commits. I replaced the whole src folder because I don't know how to use git very well. Nor do I know how to create a .phar. I'm wondering if running from source or .phar makes a difference performance-wise, since the start script supports both. I've discovered the travis stuff and it looks like you are using the devtool plugin to create a .phar from the source in the logs. It's been a long time since I did any coding so I'm catching up slowly to what is being done here.

Things seem to be progressing well and you guys seem very committed to your work. So, I'll probably be around asking dumb questions for a while longer until I get enough experience with the shell and the code to be proficient and possibly contribute at some point.
  7. blackreign

blackreign New Member

I forgot to mention, the CHUNK_RADIUS_UPDATE_PACKET made a huge difference. That's why I updated the src last night, to see the effect. Looks like it is the right fix.
  8. Rymamymabeast

Rymamymabeast New Member

Minecraft User:
    Rymamymabeast