Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of PocketMine

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by dktapps, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    VPS would come in handy but a cheap paid webhost works
    most times free ones just wont do the trick
  2. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    pocketmine has lost its reputation. Please just trust @dktapps , he is doing a very good and tactful job of this (I have noticed this personally)
    HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  3. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    Do you have like a problem with this? You seem to be a bit picky about this, don't get me wrong, picky is helpful, you just seem a bit well you know, annoyed about this sudden movement, but changes arent always easy
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  4. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    Exactly, this is the point (not being mean to you btw, just making sure some other people knew not mentioning any names (ok I will in spoiler))
    @jasonwynn10. It is not a fault with you, just sauing you don't really understand the situation we are in right now

Uh oh, http://pmmp.net/, that is quite a problem if you are trying to set up a new website. Especially, as probably the best extension (example.whatever) for the new website if you are going to have one.

Do you have like a problem with this? You seem to be abitmpicky about this, don't get me wrong, picky os helpful, you just seem a bit well you know, annoyed about this sudden movement, but changes arent always easy
    SamGamgee55 and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  5. SamGamgee55

SamGamgee55 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    SamGamgee55
  6. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

7. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    Why, it thought it was quite good?!
  8. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

Because the repository moved, and also that was before some of the original PocketMine joined me. We're going official with this. We are too restricted in what we can do on the original repo thanks to @shoghicp , and that PR was pointless and causing the Notifico bot to spam the #pocketmine IRC every time someone pushed a commit.

If we can get in touch with any members who still have write access to the original repository, it may be that we can either redirect users to the new repo, or possibly periodically update the original repo from PMMP's. This is still under discussion and does not in any way provide anything in the way of promises or hard facts.

EDIT: the bit about periodically updating the original repo is unlikely, because to use a phrase, we don't want to duct-tape things together. The old repo is extra useless baggage now.
    archie426 and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  9. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    Damn notifico, thanks for the update
  10. Blabla

Blabla Active Member

Minecraft User:
    The_Beast_Inside
    Maybe add a new message on the Home page telling the github page for people that haven't exactly followed the whole situation?
    HimbeersaftLP and archie426 like this.
  11. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

12. Blabla

Blabla Active Member

Minecraft User:
    The_Beast_Inside
    Great! :)
    HimbeersaftLP and archie426 like this.
  13. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    HimbeersaftLP and Blabla like this.
  14. Magicode

Magicode Active Member

Minecraft User:
    PokemonHero101
    I was wondering about making a new place for people to also post their plugins. Maybe I make a Github repository for them to post them to? I have no idea if that fits the circumstances, but I keep seeing people who want to post their plugins and can't because of inactive reviewers. If you think there is another place that would be better suited to posting plugins for people to see, please let me know. I really want to see what cool plugins newer developers have to offer :)
  15. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

archie426 and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  16. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    if you try making a git repo it would turn out like github.com/organization where it just dumps of plugins(not bad compare to other outcomes)
    if you plan to make a new place forum it would turn out like IM where there ton of useless or low quality plugin or just plugin littered with bad practices
    if you try to make a subreddit for it would turn out like THAT subreddit yeah no one even acknowledges it's existance (EDIT: for those who wondering what it is, it is /r/MCPEPlugins)

IDEA make a self moderated community where plugin where deleted/featured by it upvoted/downvoted rating
    it would be gone if the community deem it inappropriate if you post yet another /rules plugin
    but that would take effort which frankly no one have effort so i guess it wont happen any time soon
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  17. Magicode

Magicode Active Member

Minecraft User:
    PokemonHero101

I totally agree. I was also thinking about an upvote/downvote system. It's a great idea, and would give the community the ability to moderate the plugins. Of course, Admins could delete plugins, make features plugins, etc. , but it would be cool to have a crowd-sourced plugin page
    dktapps likes this.
  18. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    I know this is off-topic but oh well, do you know @SOFe was permanently (i think) banned?
    ImagicalGamer likes this.
  19. SamGamgee55

SamGamgee55 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    SamGamgee55
    Yeah, I noticed that too but it's probably just a glitch or something.
    archie426 likes this.
  20. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    I think he/she deleted his/her account, getting ready for new forums maybe...?
    archie426 likes this.