Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future of PocketMine

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by dktapps, Sep 28, 2016.

1. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

I don't think you understand why he posted that. He's making a point that many have already made: if not done right, this may end up as "just another fork" of PocketMine. I'm well aware of the potential issues such an undertaking may involve.
    HimbeersaftLP and Blabla like this.
  2. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    To be honest, I would have chosen a better naem than Phoenix... Seriously, Look at google!http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Phoenix MCPE

Im doing a minimal amount of google-ing, and already I see that there will be trouble, confusion and possible copyright/dmca claims to the name. But hay... maybe im thinking too much

AND I would not have called it the "Future of PocketMine" Thats just... wrong........
    HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  3. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

I have the backing of several notable PocketMine members and supporters on this one. And if you have any better suggestions, my ears are open. To be honest, I wanted to keep the PocketMine name... but that would be definite trademark infringement potentially, unless somebody with the rights were to give permission for the name to be used. Trademark infringement comes into play when a product uses a trademark of some description for a similar product which will cause confusion.
  4. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    I like the idea, but I'm not sure you would be popular with iTX for doing that. But, I think maybe active staff could actually transfered, I mean like just like for e.g.(That means for example) Intyre (Probably the most active member of staff right now) is a developer on 'Phoenix', just an idea u don't have to do it. Maybe you could also say like about how it is just baisically taking iamadponds idea of a rebranding and more staff activeness into action. But I totally support this as well, so go ahead you have my vote.
    Edit:
    It is on GitHub? If it is can you put in a link (sorry if u already have I am just blind). I have searched it and there r loads of results
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  5. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    You are a bit like me! Well, you are probably better than me! Read this:
    https://github.com/PocketMine/PocketMine-MP/pull/4284
    But I am no professional coder, so that is no thing to be proud of!
    But I'm sure you could be a brilliant coder, you just need to learn more, e.g. I need to learn more about geography as I'm bot that at it! No, all in good time, you will probably be a really good programmer one day, just not a the moment.
  6. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

This is currently under detailed discussion with various PocketMine members and supporters. Stay tuned.

And as for not being popular with iTX: I am an OWNER of iTX, the power is mine. :p
  7. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    Ah. Thanks.
  8. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

archie426 likes this.
  9. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    This is going well, this might just (probably will, in other words) work! Nice work!

As TheDeibo would say, Ha! Comedy. (no offence)
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  10. Tim // robske Büba

Tim // robske Büba Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    robske_110
    @archie426 well i mean i am not good enough to meet dktapp's standards. i do however assume that i'm a good php coder. C is meh. and shell is WTF JUST WORK YOU F-
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  11. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    Lol, what about C++, I must say I have met an even more noob person that me (if that is possible)
  12. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Names?!
  13. SamGamgee55

SamGamgee55 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    SamGamgee55
    Thanks! Even though I use Nukkit, I will support this project as much as I possibly can. (I need to start learning to program in PHP.)
  14. EntirelyQuartz

EntirelyQuartz New Member

Minecraft User:
    EntirelyQuartz
    To be honest, I think the main reason PocketMine was alive is thanks to this forums, without active forums, the non-programmers (the most) PM supporters will switch to (i.e.) Nukkit because they won't find any quality plugin.
  15. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

16. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    This is good.
    Maybe, what could happen, is that these forums, with the permission from shoghi who probs has all the controls, could be the forums for the new fork. But that is VERY good news, keep up the good work!
  17. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    Well, that doesn't apply anymore does it? Did shoghi finally give you permission to keep the name, or did @Intyre just say go for it?
  18. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

@archie426 Nothing is set in stone yet. And it's looking likely that these forums will be shut down in favour of new ones elsewhere. @shoghicp has gotten far too good at ignoring us.

@Intyre has been in touch with @shoghicp about PMMP to ask him if he's okay with it. We're operating on a "silence gives consent" basis, so we'll see what happens. :p
    archie426 and Blabla like this.
  19. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    they won't understand elsewise, also i am not a spammer like several others. *looks at them*
  20. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    -.- You are a child, you are too young to understand right + law.
    The name is still PocketMine, just the codename is phoenix. Also you'd rather add "server" to that search or pocketmine.
    ooo, @Intyre joined :)
    *follows github link* *looks into contributors/team members* *facepalms you*