Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion [Suggestion] Premium Plugins Section

Comments in 'Forum Discussion' started by Zaino60, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    Some one could make a vote for Donate button.
  2. Goerick

Goerick Active Member

Minecraft User:
    goerick
    This debate is idiotic and pointless.

Plugins should be always open sourced. If you hate that thats not our problem. What do you think would happen is pureperms or simpleauth was a paid plugin?

Besides if you want to hire developers there is the off topic thread or the private message function. Heck you can even go to github and request via private message. But I dont think its necessary to carry this into pocketmine.

And yes Lets keep the pc doctrine out of the pocketmine and mcpe community. We have already seen examples of pc like mcpe server aka lifeboat causing flame wars and competition that is outrageously stupid. I think the mcpe should be more lenient and abit more free and have more opportunities rather than restricting everything like a corporate state. Also it completly degrades the value of a community gameplay

Its like this:

-a farm in a nice peaceful countryside (MCPE)

Vs.

-Corporate factory slumming slaughter house (PC)

Putting pc ideals into mcpe would just ruin the moral value of mcpe. If mcpe is pc, then we might as well play pc but mcpe is unique and destroying that unique status will destroy mcpe multiplayer.

But again thats my thought and my opinion. Everyone wants money because heck having money is cool, admit it. But that doesn't mean you should capitalize everything. However everyone has their own opinions and so do I will respect it and I think everyone should.

Mods @Intyre should just close this thread before it becomes anonot her flame war.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    PEMapModder likes this.
  3. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    Emmm.... I need to talk to you about that somewhere else xD
    PEMapModder likes this.
  4. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    As i'm saying if you download plugin and you love it say thanks by donating! And yes PocketMine should remain free!
    PEMapModder and LDX like this.
  5. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    Obviously premium plugins need to have high standard to be approved. I would address more of your points but I'm typing on a tablet. :p
    iksaku and LDX like this.
  6. Dinokiller

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    Also, when I say large plugins should be paid for I'm talking less then a dollar mostly.
  7. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    True if small plugin (1x week) ~ 3k downloads. if 1. download = 0.49 USD
    It would be 140.7 USD
  8. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    If you like this project, feel free to donate. While PocketMine and PocketMine-MP is free for everyone, we have to pay monthly bills and use our time developing it.

For developers:

If you love my job and want to say thanks and i could keep up good work, feel free to donate. While all developers are doing this 100% for free, we spend our times to provide updates and create new plugins.

Plugins = Free!
    Developer = Wants Respect ;)
    Xenturio, fycarman, Asparanc and 2 others like this.
  9. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    We can think about that :

If their are any paid or premium plugin,maybe pocketmine team don't want that, if it's right the topic is now close.
    I'm agree, we are devs and we want respect, paid plugin it's NOT a great solution, we do them by ♥ (heart if you can't see emote), we need to keep them open source to work together. It's not a competition, we are here because we know code and we love coding, why don't work together to do the bests plugins as we can ? For person which take it for a job (to earn money) that's not the best place for that. Here we are devs because we like do that, not for money.

EDIT: Fail
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    iksaku likes this.
  10. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    @LegendsOfMCPE team is an good example though most are inactive.
    /me Wants them to finish Oxidizer……
  11. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    Fail x) " paid plugin isn't a good solution "*
  12. Zaino60

Zaino60 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Zainos
    Really? You say that by making a monetizing option to plugins, it would discourage new members of the community to create new PocketMine Servers as they wouldn't actually have money for buying plugins? Well, let me tell you that that's exactly the opposite thing. You don't need to be a developer to find that PocketMine has no plugins, and unless you are a developer or you hire someone, you can't really create your own PocketMine Server unless it's a really basic survival or pvp server because there is a lack of plugins to customize your server as there's no motivation for developers. And yes, there are plugins such as the Buycraft port or you can use enjin or different websites or even create an app to sell VIP packages or ranks to your users to earn some donations to buy plugins and expand the server, such as life boat did, so don't say that there is no possibilities for MCPE servers to get donations because that's another lie. You just need to be open minded, think and be creative...

I know that PocketMine plugin developers do their plugins by heart and you can't expect working as a PocketMine plugin developer because even though premium plugins existed, still you couldn't get enough money to work of that. BUT JEZZ! There isn't even a donate button to at least motivate developers with donations! Plus the profit isn't really bad, good minigames plugins at Spigot have more than 1000 purchases and the plugins are all from $1 to $30, so with a basic mini-game you could easily get more than $10000 (In fact, even more, as MCPE users are more so plugins get even more downloads than at Spigot. Just compare plugins statics and you'll see I'm right), which isn't really a lot but it's clearly a very good motivation to keep up the good work and keep doing awesome top quaility plugins! Plus remember, adding this feature wouldn't stop free open source from being developed. In fact, more than 90% of the plugins at Spigot are free and open source. This would only be an option for Server Owners who would really like quality plugins and more variety of offers and at the same time a very good motivation for developers. Furthermore, you complain about that this may make money hungry developers to upload very bad and buggy plugins as premium so they can earn "easy money"? Well, that's not really a problem because bad premium plugins just aren't bought and that's it. There's a review option and discussion thread for something, don't you think? I mean, who could pay for a plugin without before reading the documentation and reviews about it?

Finally, I would like to say that If this option isn't added it's fine with me, it was only a suggestion, I really never wanted to offend anyone nor cause any sort of fight in the forums, and I'm really sorry if I have done that! I strongly understand you guys if you want to keep everything open source, but I just thought that this would be a good idea since thanks to this, the Spigot community has grown so much and it let so many new opportunities both for Developers and Server Owners, and so many plugins with so many customization and so many unique servers have been created with so many possibilities, which are really amazing. Possibilities which aren't possible here at PocketMine due to the lack of plugins, limiting everyone to create simple Survival/PvP Servers. And it's not like that you say that everyone at the MCPC community only cares about money, that's just big networks like Mineplex. It's really obvious you clearly don't know the MCPC community if you think that...

Thanks

P.S 1: Sorry for my english, I'm Argentine and my main language is Spanish.

PS 2:
    It doesn't let me. Maybe a forum staff can?
  13. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    @Goerick I agree with your point, but don't let anyone close the thread. Lock thread on something controversial (or you "decide" it to be idiotic and pointless) = locking freedom of speech.

Ultimately wanting to get paid is just because you want money, not because you paid a lot of effort because you have already worked on it and now it's just a question whether you want to get donations or not.
    Primus and Legoboy0215 like this.
  14. Dinokiller

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    I can understand the frustration server owners have with paying for plugins. Servers are very expensive to run and we all know that. But if plugins sold for 10 cents. You could get 10 plugins for one dollar. Also keep in mind you can keep the plugins forever once paid.

Fine, create a really large plugin and as a reward you'll get a few "reviews" from idiots who give low ratings because they don't know how to use it. Selling something doesn't mean you are greedy or that you are in it for the money. No, it's how businesses work. Programmers like you have a lot of talent and your putting out this talent towards nothing. Respect is always nice but in reality it doesn't get you anywhere.
    iksaku, LDX and iJoshuaHD like this.
  15. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Well, not only am I the kid who can't get his parents to pay, I am also the kid who can't get his parents to receive payments :p
    Paying 10 cents and 10 dollars are the same to some people because they simply can't pay at all.
    LDX likes this.
  16. Dinokiller

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    Most server owners pay to get their server hosted. If they can pay for that then they are able to pay for plugins. If they can't pay for plugins then that's their problem.
    Zaino60 likes this.
  17. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    So you will work for nothing because anyone will pay plugins
  18. Dinokiller

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    I don't understand your question. If anyone will pay for plugins then developers won't be working for nothing.
  19. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    That's utilitarianism. Why must you be working for a purpose?
  20. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    I correct any person will pay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.