Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion [Suggestion] Premium Plugins Section

Comments in 'Forum Discussion' started by Zaino60, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deot

deot Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    deot
    Nope, for MCG76, its
    Minigame + Full of SERIOUS bugs + "Amazing" English Language = MCG76

That's my thought of MCG76.... His BH doesnt work at all, his BlockHunt is like a plugin that will help you to clear blocks from map... MCG76's BH has a bug that when hiders move, it automatically delete the blocks in map where hiders walked before... :eek: Yep, its super "Cool"!

2. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    I don't understand the idea of making all plugins free. The whole reason we have very few big plugins like CTF and Survival Games is because we are stuck with the idea that everything needs to be free so we have no motivation to make this stuff. Have you ever noticed how paid stuff is much higher quality then freeware? I think the people who complain about this are just little kids who can't get their parents to pay and aren't old enough to run a server anyway.

I stopped making plugins because I had no motivation.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    basprohop, Zaino60, LDX and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    Legoboy0215 likes this.
  4. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    It would be grate if next to download button there would be "Donate" button :)
    LDX and iksaku like this.
  5. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    I'm not agree with the idea of paid plugins because PocketMine is fully open source so... free you need to think about that. MCPE servers owners don't have always money. MCPC servers can earn some money but not MCPE (i know lifeboat and inPvP do that but their are only 2 big networks) so ... if we do paid plugin they will not got some download and the dev will not be happy if he see only 50 poeple have bought his plugin. We need to keep plugins free. This is not a job ! This is a hobby wich we do in free time, you can't take it for a job at all !
    So... yeah a DONATION (not pay) bouton can be great to people who donate to a dev but the plugin is free.

Best regards.
    fycarman, LDX, iksaku and 3 others like this.
  6. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    "Donate" will say more then 5 stars :p
    LDX and iksaku like this.
  7. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    Lol
  8. DunxandMinecraft

DunxandMinecraft Active Member

I guess it would be cool to have a premium section of the Plugins so that if someone made a say SG plugin and they speant lots of time and they put it out for free that (from my point of view) is a waste of time and effort. You want something back from all that development.
  9. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    That's the Point i have spent more then two weeks creating (and event not finished) one mini-game and if i publish it here it's wasted :D
    Zaino60 likes this.
  10. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    What minigame? (Just curious...)
  11. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    Like i've said , developping a plugin is a hobby, it's not a job, if you spent a lot of time it's because you want it, it's your choice, if you want money don't publish on PM
    fycarman, PEMapModder and Legoboy0215 like this.
  12. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    Team based deathmatch:
    Sign System (Kits, Game Control, Items(Not implemented)), NPC Statues (Kits), Abilitys for kits (Ninja - stays invisible when not moving), Coin system, Death and Kills count system, Auth system, Chat.
    Zaino60 and Legoboy0215 like this.
  13. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Soooo cool!!! :p
  14. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    Yea i know. But as i have lost my phone and sister is visiting her father i cant continue developing :D
    Sorry for offtopic
    Legoboy0215 likes this.
  15. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    That's me. The kid who can't get his parents to pay and instead started making his own software.

Wanting to get money in return for your hard work isn't a thoughtcrime. Everyone wants money, making plugins or not.
    Ever heard of the concept of "sunk cost" in economics? It means that if you have paid something (money or effort), it is already paid, and the cost is already "sunk". There is no way you can reverse giving it out. For example, say you bought a property with 5 million. You have already paid for it. If property prices are dropping, you shouldn't expect to sell it with 5 million. Say you don't need the property anymore. You can only look at the currently optimal solution, which is to sell and not to sell. To sell is to earn, like 3 million. Not to sell is to earn nothing and let cobwebs grow in the property.
    What I want to say is, making the plugin is the cost. You have already worked on it. Right now, you just want to decide whether you want to earn something or not. And the answer is yes, so you monetized it.

TL;DR: By monetizing your plugins, you only express that you want to earn money, and it is not related to your effort.

OK, I understand that this value orientation of mine isn't easy to accept. Forget it then.
    But please think about the consequences when you do something. When we start having the first priced plugin, we will have the second one. The first one was a piece of work with blood and sweat, like, 50000 lines of code (PocketMine has 76691 lines of code right now). The second one became a less advanced plugin, maybe something like EssentialsPE. Then our standard keep dropping and dropping, and next year's August you will see that someone is selling a JoinEffects plugin (and even a buggy one).
    Indeed it is not a problem. Of course the market knows how to auto-adjust itself. Low-quality plugins would probably be eliminated. But I can only see how it slows down community development by more low-quality plugins being sold.

As a plugin developer, personally I refuse to work on public minigame plugins not because of its complexity (actually, survival games is too simple for my taste). Instead, it is because of the lack of a standard.
    For example, many people want compatibility between different games on a same server.
    For example, many people want to let people join the server without joining the game, or joining a world without joining the game.
    For example, if I make a minigame plugin, people will complain on its complexity to configure, while it is already minimal complexity possible because configuration of a customizable minigame plugin has to be complex.

I'm suggesting that we may need something like Oxidizer or DynamicHub. But what's the fun of making that kind of API when people can't use it without minigame plugins using them? And what's the fun of making a free API when everyone pays somebody else who uses this API? And what's the fun of making a free minigame plugin when everyone has to pay for another API plugin before using your free plugin?
    Exxarion, iksaku, deot and 3 others like this.
  16. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Yes, and I am hoping you guys can finish Oxidizer. I put my hope on it :)
  17. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    Anyone can donate to Pocketmine! But not to plugins! I love writing plugins and seeing them work is great feeling and everyone is glad to see new plugins coming out. When @Tethered_ created FactionsPro many servers came out with name Factions etc. just because of him even now new Server are coming out and theyr owner must say thanks to @Tethered_ and i preffer "Donate" button is best option! It's not forced to donate let users decide :)
    Zaino60, LDX, Legoboy0215 and 3 others like this.
  18. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    /me summons @iksaku to work on it.
  19. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    I'm agree :) i love coding (PHP project and PM plugins) i prefer see them work and player be happy than earn money :)
    Legoboy0215 and luca28pet like this.
  20. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Me too even if my Recycle Bin is filled with Crashdumps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.