Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion [Suggestion] Premium Plugins Section

Comments in 'Forum Discussion' started by Zaino60, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaino60

Zaino60 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Zainos
    EDIT: YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THIS ADDED AT https://forums.pocketmine.net/threads/donate-or-paid-plugin-section.10409/

Hi PocketMine community!
    As seen on https://www.spigotmc.org/ , there should also be a Premium Plugins Section at PocketMine Forums, as I think that both server owners and developers will find this very useful and a very big incentive for them to making top quality PocketMine plugins, as they can put them on sale to the price they want so they can earn some money for working hard on their plugins.
    Furthermore, believe it or not, thanks to this option the SpigotMC community has grown a lot in quantity and quality of plugins, since lot of high-skilled developers decided to upload their work as Premium plugins instead of making them only for a certain Server/Network. This is rewardy for both devlopers and server owners, as these can get quality plugins which aren't easy to make (Like Mini-Games), by paying the price it cost instead of needing to hire a private developer for them, which ends up being more expensive. And developers earn money for every plugin download, which in most cases the profit ends being MORE than if they worked privately for a specific Server/Network.
    There is a XenForo option to do this so it shouldn't be hard for @shoghicp to implement this as md_5 did with the Spigot Forums...
    I would like to hear your opinions about this :)
    Thanks!
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    BalAnce, Xenturio and LDX like this.
  2. Gamecrafter

Gamecrafter Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Nope. I believe all plugins should be free, whether lowest quality or highest quality. And a flaw of this idea is that plugins can easily be redistributed, so just have one person buy it and reupload it somewhere else and anyone can download it.
  3. Zaino60

Zaino60 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Zainos
    Well, no. There are different fixes to plugin leaks as many devs did at Spigot, like for example in some of them you are requested to put your paypal email in the config.yml and it only work if u put a valid paypal email that paid the plugin. There are many other views, similar to this to fix what you say lol
    LDX likes this.
  4. Gamecrafter

Plugins:
    Anyways I believe all plugins on here should be free. If there was some sort of way to fully protect a premium plugin from being redistributed then that would be great.
  5. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    I agree with you 100% , Spigot is a open source as well. This idea will bring more developers to PocketMine. I know you can buy plugins from MCG78 or whatever his name is and he has made alot of money from what i've seen when I spoke with him.

[​IMG]

If you open a premium section will draw alot of traffic to the forums from builders artist etc..
    PocketKiller, luca28pet and Zaino60 like this.
  6. Gamecrafter

Plugins:
    FYI it's @MCG76.
    PocketKiller, Driesboy1 and Primus like this.
  7. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Remember, you don't get to make the descision, you just get to give your input. ;)

I think that a premium plugins section would be a great incentive for me to keep my plugins updated with lots of features. :) As of right now, I've pretty much given up on my plugins because I don't get anything out of it except people that don't know what they're doing complaining that my plugin is broken because they configured it wrong or PurePerms messed up it's permissions.
  8. Gamecrafter

Plugins:
    Obviously if this actually happened it'd be great news for all plugin developers, because there would actually be motivation for keeping your plugins up-to-date. But as a server owner this would be bad because now you need money to get some better quality plugins. And remember, not all servers have enough money, most start from ground up.
  9. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    Thas with any virtual item tho!
    Thank god
    Zaino60 and LDX like this.
  10. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    Im a server owner and I pay a group of devs to make custom plugins for my server :p , If it works for spigot it can work for us <3 - All love
    CrazedMiner, Zaino60 and LDX like this.
  11. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    I didn't say I'd start charging for all my plugins...
    Zaino60 likes this.
  12. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    I hope @shoghicp does end up reading this because this would enhance pocketmine by alot
    Zaino60 likes this.
  13. andre_the_gamer

andre_the_gamer Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Andre_The_Gamer
    i hope @shoghicp Doesnt do that for multiple reason like:
    • Plugin should remain 100% free
    • If the plugins had a paid section people could of bought it then resell again
    • Hackers would take pocketmine as a target. Cause what is they seen a plugin they like that cost $ then they would try to hack pocketmine forum As in the plugin section
    • Paid section is a stupid idea
    • Exaple like leet << It makes people pay for free plugins if i was the developer of those plugins i would of send them a dmca takedown LoL xD
    iksaku and iiDeathStrokeii like this.
  14. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    You sound so stupid , atleast thats what I think , Xenforo is very very secure its not that simple to "Hack" into a forums such as Xenforo.. Why would they "Hack" a whole website for one plugin? Spigot doesn't have this problem and they use Xenforo as well so your point was so invalid it pissed me off. What are they going to do? Try to SqlInject the site with sqlmap these 2015 skids crack me up... You also said Example leet ... WHAT? This is nothing like leet... When devs make plugins they get the money the can decide if they want there plugin to be paid for free so ... Its a good Idea. Will motivate devs to make plugins.. They work really hard I think they deserve a reward besides a few thanks u from fans. Like I hate how you PE players want to stay in the past. We are moving forward you guys want to stay back like where in 0.5 -_-!
  15. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    I agree, but I don't like the idea of paying. It is not that we are rich or not, but PE community needs to remain different from the PC one. PC server owners should not bring their old community habbits to our PocketMine community. Read the MinePlex coming to MCPE thread. We all know that PC servers communitymostly values $$$ and Players, but PE servers are much different. You may scream, shout, punch or PM me for my crappy opinion!
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    Goerick and PEMapModder like this.
  16. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    Not really , Its all about the owner , look at HappyMCPE donation shop or LBSG ... Explain ,
  17. Zaino60

Zaino60 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Zainos
    I strongly disagree with you. Every Server Owner has it's own goals and manages it's server as he wants. That has nothing to do with the Community.
    EDIT: Furthermore, for example, I currently come from MCPC as I own a big Network at PC and I really didn't find any difference with the MCPC and MCPE multi-player community, just saying. Mineplex doesn't represent MCPC
    Radix likes this.
  18. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    We cant run our servers for free after all.. All server owners want dontions IDC who it is.. We all know the world works around money. You guys are just afraid to grow! like come on now!
    Zaino60 likes this.
  19. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    I never said a shit about servers... I only said the community, not all servers. I agree with server donations, kits and whatever, but about paid plugins on forums, no. Does this answer your question?
  20. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    One exception is Mcg76. He is one selfish guy...
    LDX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.