Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Stop the fire from spreading

Comments in 'Forum Discussion' started by PEMapModder, Jan 18, 2016.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes.

91.7%
  2. No.

8.3%
  1. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Not trying to be rude, but this is the case we are having. Most of the people here are replying to threads with little thinking, or even without knowledge.
    On the plugin development forum, every day I see different people replying different threads with wronger and wronger answers.
    This is definitely detrimental to the growth of the community. We are accumulating more and more wrong posts here, and people won't even edit them. This makes future readers confused.
    Now we are already seeing how this fire is spreading. For example, the infamous sign block ID 323 redundancy, bad practices (e.g. using static fields, using global variables, comparing an int with a string using ==), etc.
    These are happening not because people don't know the correct answer, but that they aren't concerned at all.
    Therefore, the purpose of this thread is to propose that people who provide a solution to threads should be accountable for what they say. They are not only replying to that thread. They are not only answering the post author. They are providing information (or false information) to the whole community, present and future, known and unknown people. Meanwhile, many are providing poor solutions, just to let people who know even less think that they are providing a solution and give them likes.
    I understand that there are occasionally mistakes. This is acceptable. But it is unacceptable when you obviously know nothing at all and providing an apparently non-accidental invalid or even irrelevant solution.
    There should be measures to make people more responsible for what they say. For instance, if people do not correct their wrong posts after they have been reminded, or if their posts are as useless as spamming, they should be warned by moderators.
  2. applqpak

applqpak Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    applqpak
    Agreed!
    Vaivez66 likes this.
  3. Vaivez66

Vaivez66 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    That's why I'm not very active in Plugin Development section :D (because I haven't enough knowledge about PM API). I'm afraid if I give someone wrong solution
    hoyinm14mc and applqpak like this.
  4. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    Well, the forum is for helping. Most comments aren't even helpful. For example "xD", "lol", "hahaha" or just comments like.. you know what kind of comments i mean.
    I started here less than a year ago. The spam got more.
    Agreed.
  5. MichaelM04

MichaelM04 Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Michael
    Well it's nice to make this clear although I don't think its going to stop without staff or moderators getting involved
    applqpak likes this.
  6. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    I actually am tempted to list everyone who are spamming XD.
    Agreed.
    applqpak likes this.
  7. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    Then i already can add 1 to the list. you xD
    applqpak likes this.
  8. Gamecrafter

Gamecrafter

Plugins:
    Wow, now that I look back, the forums were a heck less, well, I couldn't find another word, nooby. We can't do anything about this. As you can see, more and more people spam to get to the top of that list for "Most Posts", without considering the content.
    PocketKiller, Vaivez66 and applqpak like this.
  9. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Like me :)
    Hey, don't do the same thing!
    applqpak likes this.
  10. Hotshot_9930

Hotshot_9930 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    HotshotHD
    Well a great number of this community is immature kids.
  11. applqpak

applqpak Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    applqpak
    True, very true!
  12. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    Kids that want everything, and everthing now.
    PEMapModder and applqpak like this.
  13. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    i disagree. reason being, Anyone can make mistakes. Also, (talking from experience of three years ago) What if you are visually impaired, and you cant find the right topic, so you just make a new one for it, (although they may he the very samw topic one page before).

If people send false infomation(thinking its true) then at least they tried. its just upto anyone woth the right knowledge to tell the real infomation. Isnt that what a community does? Help the members within?

i know that people get annoyed with noobs, or people trying to help but they cant... (i also get a tini bit annoyed) but thats life. I know i started off as a noob. Most of the notable members will remember :3 , BUT, i learnt though trying.
    If someone does something that brakes PocketMine Forum rules, then its upto non staff to report them (with that nice read text saying "Report", and its upto Staff (with with the right privilege) to do something about it.

And as far as "Stop the fire from spreading", any fireman would tell you not to do that. wait for the profesionals. In this case, profesionals being, Staff Members with the rank, "PocketMine Team" The Profesionals will tell you whats right and wrong.
    Dont attempt to put out the spreadimg fire. Youll only just get burnt
    applqpak likes this.
  14. minebuilder0110

minebuilder0110 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Apparitional
    The fact that MCPE is for all including the 'kids' is what I think is the reason why there are so many people like that. Most of the kids are not really aware of the difficulties about opening servers, making plugins, etc. (This may be easy for you, but usually not for them.)
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    thebigsmileXD and applqpak like this.
  15. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Then why am I aware of it?
  16. Skullex

Skullex Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Skullex
    This is good and bad, because what if the person thinks that what they posted is true. It's up to us to correct them so they learn. I agree 98% but it's just that 2% that has me thinking. Plus they're "probably" will be tons of possible banned players. I'm not saying that this will happen in the future but it's possible.
  17. minebuilder0110

Minecraft User:
    Apparitional
    I thought you weren't that kind of kid... Anyway, I will change my wording.
  18. TheDeibo

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Seriously though... it doesnt matter what age you start. My friend learnt java when he was 10, and he had his own plugins on his MCPC server, so I dont think age is a factor here.
  19. minebuilder0110

Minecraft User:
    Apparitional
    I think the 'kids' here actually means people who has very little knowledge and yet want to have literally everything they want. I agree with you, the age does not matter. The maturity is the main key here.
    applqpak, PocketKiller and TheDeibo like this.
  20. TheDeibo

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Correct! But sadly, they is nothing we can do about that. I like to give people chances regarding maturity..... BUUUUUUUT thats just me.
    applqpak likes this.