Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official SimpleAuth v1.7.1

Prevents people to impersonate an account, requiring registration and login when connecting.

1. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
  2. GenericPotato

GenericPotato New Member

Minecraft User:
    GenericPotato
    How do i update simpleauth if i have version 3.7 installed. Also how can i update it so i keep all my passwords?
  3. tnpxxsheepdog

tnpxxsheepdog Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Just replace the php file. You shouldn't have to replace anything in the actual simple auth folder
  4. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Thanks for the update! Awesome plugin! So far no offset errors *knocks on wood*. Those were starting to get a little choppy ;) thanks as always, you rock!
  5. GenericPotato

GenericPotato New Member

Minecraft User:
    GenericPotato
    Thank you but i already did it the hard way. I save my players file in the simple auth folder, then deleted the php and the folder, then put in the new php and deleted the players file and replaced it with the old one.
  6. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Usually I don't touch the folders, although it is good sometimes. You just have to use common sense and ask yourself "Does this plugin look like it is heavily involved with the folder". Good luck!
  7. 0becca0

0becca0 New Member

Minecraft User:
    0becca0
    is this as super fast as AuthPro.?
  8. lathiel

lathiel New Member

Minecraft User:
    lathiel
    Whats the password? I've tried to get in 192haggges. But it won't let me. I'm stuck here at my grandmas house and need something to do so what do I do!?
  9. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    With the latest dev version of PM, which I really need to fix crashes, simpleauth does not work. It says authentication error. If you unregister and then reregister, it works. The old player file had a ">" before the hash, the new files do not. Wondering what simple auth has to do with that. Any fixes? Or just delete all the players in that folder?
  10. Steve Major

Steve Major New Member

Minecraft User:
    steve the Vogon
    Does the login still work if you remove the ">" on the existing file? I'll probably try this myself tomorrow on a test account.
  11. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Just delete the entire folder and restart, best thing to do!
  12. Steve Major

Steve Major New Member

Minecraft User:
    steve the Vogon
    It works again if you just remove the > from each file. A quick sed command from bash cleaned it for my users.
  13. iJoshuaHD

iJoshuaHD Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iJoshuaHD
    the plugin causes some errors after i upgraded my server to the latest.causes some unknown user kickouts too.
  14. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
  15. decado

decado Active Member

Minecraft User:
    decado
    May I suggest an enhancement if possible?

Elsewhere in the fourms there is a discussion on methods of excluding griefers and undersirables. General consensus is that due to dynamic ips and lack of individual identifiers in the client software this is next to impossible currently.

I think in the current situation it is easier to control who you wish to include rather than who you want to exclude.

Would it be possible to :-

Add function where by at the point where a player has completed successful registration that their player name is automatically added to the whitelist.

Perhaps you could switch this function on and off for those who don't want it with "/sawhitelist <on|off> "

At any rate, once enough people are using your server that it is mostly full (not hard in my case at least) you could turn the whitelist function in the server on and everyone who has previously registered can enter and you can weed out the undesirable players one by one.

When player numbers drop too low whitelist can be turned off for a period until numbers grow again.

It's only a suggestion, it may not be possible but it strikes me as a time efficient method of handling difficult players in a busy servers.

Regards
    Decado
    Andrey Nazarchuk and Darunia18 like this.
  16. F1me

F1me New Member

Minecraft User:
    F1me
    where the phrases to be translated?
  17. Haxor104

Haxor104 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Haxor104
    I need help please joined a server and typed /login (my password) it said: Error Authenticating
  18. decado

decado Active Member

Minecraft User:
    decado
    You were timer banned from Dadongs Dungeon today after warnings by myself and seeing other players disciplined for similar. So that may be your answer.

I'm pretty sure it's 24 hours so try again tomorrow if you want and please learn from the experience.

A couple of things of note

1. After game hosting since 1999 a player name like "Haxor" always grabs my attention, it carries a certain ... (mindset?) with it. May not mean anything, but it makes me watch you that bit closer.

2. We're guests on this forum. I wont be commenting further on it here. It is what it is.

See you tomorrow, no grudges on my part. When the punishment is over it's a clean slate.

Regards
    Decado
    Andrey Nazarchuk likes this.
  19. Haxor104

Haxor104 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Haxor104
    No its not your server it's one where I'm co-owner but it won't let me in? But I've already logged in once.
  20. decado

decado Active Member

Minecraft User:
    decado
    OK in that case

I found that after the update to 1.3.12 pocketmine on one of my servers the auth failed on all of my registered users. In the end I had to " /simpleauth unregister <user> " on them all and get them to re register.

There has been an update to simpleauth since then. I suggest if your server has updated to 1.3.12 recently that you get the admin to de register you as above via the console and re register. Especially if you did the update without updatig the simpleauth verson first.

That's about all I can think of

Regards
    Dec