Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server website

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Dutok, Jul 1, 2014.

1. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    Like a hypothetical eleven year old wouldn't read much, so have the basics front and center for the player.
    Dutok likes this.
  2. Dutok

Dutok Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    Yeah, I originally planned for locking everything up because it would require users to register and try out the server! I'm going make the login page more inviting and display more information. The jumbotron on the login page has a 'learn more' button that displays some server features in a modal but I don't think many people would even open it. :p
  3. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    Why not make it automatically open, like first draw their attention (Loading...) (Not really, just for show) and maybe have it act like a drop down, but in full size form like to move the page down and insert the container full of say login or your server info.
  4. Dutok

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    I think I'm going to move the 'learn more' information back to the main page and add in some icons maybe. Then I'll remove the 'how to register' link under the login form and have it display when the 'Play now' button is clicked on the jumbotron!
  5. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    Like the way I'm suggesting to build the website is at first insult the intelligence of the viewer, but then build up from that by giving detailed and inviting information as to connect with them. In the end to draw the viewer's attention then build up information.
    Dutok likes this.
  6. Dutok

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    Added markdown editor instead of html editor which solves a security issue and the editor now matches the theme!

websiteupdate22.PNG This screenshot shows the navbar icons too.