Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Management ?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Radix, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    Hello guys and gals, im gonna try and sound as professional as possible. I may have some misspelled words and thats because of this dumb slow laggy Emoji keyboard. Ok so today where going to be talking about Server Management and where I see pro's and con's and I really want your input. If you are reading this thread and have ever ran a server or at least managed one please leave your opinion down below.

Community

I myself have a problem growing a community. It may be because my server is a PvP factions server , but I'd rather have less players , less donations and good community. Than more player more money and no community just a bunch of people playing on a server. I have a steady 20-30 Players a day and my goal is to get them on the forums. Posting images and threads! Thats why the forums is there! If its not needed it shall be removed. Players that join my server seen to be in the younger crowed. 8-13 Yearsl old. Its so hard to be able to find older mature staff , when you have so many younger players begging for op! I would like feed back on getting players to sign up on the forums and or growing a community!

Donations

Im not big on donations for ths fact that my partner and I both pay 30$ each for the server(s)_ that we run on our network. Donations are good for supporting the server so we don't have to pay so much for the server. On top of that donating helps players more then it does the server. They get the ranks and perks. The problem with thay is find PERKS to grant to donars.

Satisfaction

Not gonna really speak on this. I habe no idea how to measure plauer satisfaction!

If you habe any feedback please feel free to comment!
  2. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    You don't know how many players there are. What about those in timezones that as when you're sleeping?
    Radix likes this.
  3. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    Im saying I can't measure there satisfaction. If they like the server if they don't...
  4. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    There isn't a standard. If there is nobody to compare with, numbers are meaningless. Why don't you ask them for room for improvement directly?
  5. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    All they want are Minigames.
  6. da123rrell

da123rrell Active Member

Minecraft User:
    da123rrell
    I haye people begging for op
  7. Radix

Radix Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Dicks123
    I kmow it quite annoying!
  8. da123rrell

da123rrell Active Member

Minecraft User:
    da123rrell
    Yea when i say no they just keep begging and begging until i kick them
    Radix likes this.
  9. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Saying no is meaningless. If you have the time, convince them with a reason (or ask them to convince you with a good reason). If they keep bothering, bother them back until they find you annoying and rage quit.