Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules - What? Where? Why?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by TheDeibo, May 25, 2016.

1. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    STOP what you are doing, and read well!

WHAT ARE RULES:
    A rule is a prescribed guide for conduct or action

WHERE ARE THE RULES:
    You all know me as TheDeibo, or "That_Guy_Who_defends_inactivity_staff", which is fine by me. I have noticed people forgetting that there are forum rules. and I will remind you of them here. There are PocketMine forum rules everywhere, and I will tell you where to find them. Even though some rules don't look like they affect PocketMine-MP Forum, in reality, they do.

For example, of shoghicp's Gist, there is a PocketMine-MP-IRC rules list.
    There it says rules. (These rules I will add to the bottom of this post.)
    On the Terms and Conditions, There are rules there, and even handy little BB-Code tutorials. There is a handy link in the footer of this page right now. Its called
    "Terms and Rules". (For lazy people, here is the link https://forums.pocketmine.net/help/terms )

Now, there are rules that you cant see either. There in the mystical world of COMMON SENSE! Now, where can I find these rules? Everywhere! Think of it this way. On your server, you would have rules, and those rules would be similar to (if not exactly) this...
    [​IMG]
    Ok, sure. No one wants to be banned. That's why, if you break a rule, you will get a warning. Sometimes warnings consists of a TEMPORARY ban. Which is natural.
    So some who don't know what a warning looks like, feel free to look into the spoiler below.
    [​IMG]

Now onto the rules it's self. Here is the part that no one wants to see, but if you don't see it, then risk a ban from the forum (Possibly warning first) What I will do, is combine ALL the rules I can find from links related to PocketMine, and also add some common sense too.

RULES
    • No posting anything that is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like(1), likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws!​
    • No Advertising. This includes servers, hosting sites. - This (however) can be done on this link https://forums.pocketmine.net/servers/
    • Be patient. This is not your personal 24-hour support channel, and people will respond when they feel like it.​
    • All Off-Topic conversations MUST be said within the Off-Topic forum.​
    • Plugin/tools questions or discussions must be in their correct forums​
    • We will not help you if you have a THIRD PARTY VERSION (Forked Version) of PocketMine.​
    • Use the HELP forum to ask for help, not any other part of the PocketMine forum.​
    • Suggestions/questions about the forum must be posted on the Forum Discussion section​
    • Try to tag your posts correctly, if not, leave it without tag.​
    • Do not abuse polls​
    • Do not advertise other sites or projects. This includes Third Party Versions (Forked Versions) of PocketMine.​
    • (1) Advertising in your signature will the sole intent and motive to receive income for such a image and or link to your business / product is highly forbidden. You may advertise your website as long as it is not worded in hopes of receiving a sale and does not contain any product information pertaining to such a website.
    So if you think about it, you people are spamming (or Spam-like-ing -- in my dictionary, that's a word) the forum with questions such as "Why are the staff inactive".
    WHY DO WE NEED RULES?
    In a broad view, societies use rules to regulate unwanted or harmful behavior and to encourage wanted or beneficial behavior of individual society members
    I hope you have found this novel above interesting, and would follow the rules set. Non of these rules were made up by me. I have simply combined them from many locations that are linked to PocketMine-MP. Also, I have explained some of the rules in detail.

Common Sense:
    After reading a topic called Common Sense, I have gave it some thought. And, by sharing this link, should also decrease the amount of unwanted posts on selected topics.
    Do you ever asked something that's been asked millions of times before, in pure laziness? Well, that is a form of SPAMMING. Sure enough, if no one has asked that question, you can ask it.
    Here is a article supplied by @SOFe explaining and helping with such problems.

https://github.com/SOF3/forums-common-sense/wiki/Terms-and-Abbreviations
    And if you don't know what anything means within the code environment, here is a handy link.
    https://github.com/SOF3/forums-common-sense/wiki/Code-Environment
    This is not advertising, this is simply a reference for the users to help follow the rules, and to decrease the forum spam :)

Many Thanks,
    Your Friendly person of person-ness,
    TheDeibo.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. minebuilder0110

minebuilder0110 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Apparitional
    Congrats on being pinned. :p
    Primus and TheDeibo like this.
  3. TheDeibo

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Thanks. Well, all I did was share the truth and knowledge with all of the PocketMine Community. :)
  4. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    "brake"?
    you mean break?
  5. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    That's all very informative, but I don't think asking "Why are the staff inactive", or "Why are no new plugins accepted" is against any rules, stated or otherwise. We all know the staff have busy lives, and don't always have time for this site. The real question being asked all over the forums is "Why aren't staff being hired to replace inactive staff?", and if you try to use rules to forbid such questions, history will show you where you are heading.
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  6. TheDeibo

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Jazzwhistle, It does actually fit under
    But, the reason why they arn't doing that, is because they are active on the IRC. For those who don't know what the IRC is, its that handy button at the top (in the nav bar) saying "Chat/IRC". There you can (in all basicness) chat. (As long as it follows the rules (in first post spoiler link)

Yes, I understand people's frustration towards the subject, and they believe that all staff are inactive, but the reality of the situation is, Why fix something that isn't broken. This however sounds like its contradicting what I've already said in https://forums.pocketmine.net/threads/more-staff-please.17249/#post-163811, but it's not. All I am saying is, nothing will change just yet.
    If anything does change, It will be announced.

This subject has came around too many times, hence is spamming the forum.
    Now I can show you where your quote above is also braking the rules. - Well, almost

This (in the wrong mind) can be taken as a threat. But since I am me, I have overlooked this.
    I assume what you mean is, that you will do a long rant about how I am wrong. In all fairness, that's what's happened in the past, and I have had PocketMine staff agreeing with me. So, i would not try anything if I was you. Who knows... it may just be the case of deleting a post.

Now, on to happier tones. Here is proof that this matter (and related matters are repeating.
    I don't feel like ranting today, so please don't make me rant :) For everyone's sake. xD
    BeynerGames127 likes this.
  7. TheDeibo

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Thanks. xD Any more typos I get to fix?? xD
    BeynerGames127 likes this.
  8. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    "history will show you where you are heading" actually means that if you read history books you will find many examples showing that when a small group who control a system start censoring anything that may be seen as criticism... it is the beginning of the end: the next stage is usually either fascism or revolution. The fact that this thread and many others still exist, and that I haven't had a warning for simply bringing this issue to the fore gives me hope. You'll note that everything I've said on the subject is constructive criticism, with suggestions that could be easily put in place.

The frequent posts on these forums by many members (including notables such as ourselves), for more staff and plugin reviewers is not something that needs to be censored or swept under the carpet because "they have lives too". It is a real problem that needs to be addressed, maybe by @shoghicp himself, as soon as he has time... if we value this community. And if posting on the forums, tweeting to @PocketMine Team or anything else I'm doing helps bring his attention to the subject, so much the better.

The frustrating thing is that there actually a lot of people here waiting for a chance to contribute so the staff can focus on the PM Core, but they are not being allowed to help.
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    dktapps likes this.
  9. TheDeibo

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Ok. I not going to stop you, but I advise you not to.
    The reason is, no one likes a spammer/beggar or straight out rule breaker.
    The more you beg, the more un-likely you will become staff.
  10. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    [​IMG]

I did see the spoiler at the end, but professionally you should refer to a citation for every point you make.
  11. TheDeibo

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo