Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requesting Plugin Devs for Creating a Server

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Darunia18, Mar 19, 2014.

?

Is this a server you'd like to see/play on?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Not at all

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Hello. I am Darunia18. Some of you know me on these forums, but I don't think many know that I also help run a PC server called Nightfall. Nightfall is a PC survival Minecraft server that is founded on respect for other players and building a family-like community. We don't allow griefing, swearing, bullying, etc. Besides survival, we have some fun minigames set up for players to play when survival gets a bit boring or frustrating.

For the last few months, I've really grown to love MCPE, PocketMine, and it's communities, and have wanted to create a Pocket Edition server for awhile. I started some work on it a few months ago, but was never able to finish because of real life issues and some issues with the PC server. By the end of this week, the PC server will be updated enough where I don't have to spend as much time on it as I have needed to lately.

That being said, I now want to move to a new project: creating a Nightfall Pocket Edition server. My plans so far are to recreate as much as I can, and if certain things cannot be added right away, I want to have at least certain things there for the launch of it. I also plan to have donation ranks transfer from the PC version to the PE version for all users. Currently, we don't have an automated service set up for when players donate and get donator ranks, so setting players manually isn't a problem for me at the moment.

Anyways, right now I am just looking for any plugin developers or someone who knows just a bit about PHP and the PocketMine API to help me create some plugins, as some of them are a bit too complex or would take too long to figure out. I will create a list below of certain plugins I plan to create and any Bukkit plugin they might be based off of:

• AdminFun- Based off of the Bukkit plugin AdminFun. I have a few things set up, but there are others that I'm a bit stumped on or cannot be done in Pocket Edition. I may do this completely alone unless I truly need help, and want to release it in the repository. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/adminfun/
    • AutoRank- Once again, based off of the Bukkit plugin AutoRank. Basically, after a certain amount of time online, a player can be upgraded to another rank using a permissions plugin. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/autorank/
    • BouncyBeds- Pretty much, when a player is on a bed, they jump, like the old Trampoline plugin, but I could never get beds to work on there.
    • Chairs- This is something that I'm just wondering if it is possible. In the Bukkit plugin, a player can click on a stair and sit in it like a chair. With the addition of minecarts, I was wondering if it's possible to make a player use that animation on a non-minecart object or anything.
    • DisguiseCraft- Disguise plugin. I think one may exist, but if it's Kevin Wang's, I just need to know if it's safe to use.
    • Essentials- Based off of Bukkit Essentials, this would just be something simple and would mostly be combining the code of some other peoples' plugins, with their permission and giving them credit.
    • LogBlock- I know KillBearBoys exists, but I'd rather have one that works with an SQL database so my server won't lag a bunch.
    • LWC- A block protector plugin. I know PocketGuard exists, but I'd want it to be able to work with any block I want and not just chests. Also, there would need to be a way so that ops can view other players' chests and stuff. I'm sure I could figure this one out too because it doesn't seem too hard.
    • mcMMO- Based off of the Bukkit plugin mcMMO. This would be really complex and I'm not even sure where to begin. It wouldn't be necessary, though.
    • MobArena- Based off of the Bukkit plugin, but would have to wait for the PocketMine 1.4 update anyways.
    • PvPArena- Based off of the Bukkit plugin, would be an area that you set up so that when a player types /pvparena join, they will join the arena, can choose a class, and fight in different gamemodes.
    • MultiverseInventory Plugin- A plugin that would allow separate inventories per world, but some worlds could share an inventory. Based off of Multiverse-Inventories and MultiInv.
    • SwornJail- Based off of Bukkit plugin of the same name, you set up an area as a jail and when staff does /jail <player> <time> [reason], they are thrown in there for that amount of time.

That is all I have so far. All I'd need for the launch would be AutoRank, Essentials, LogBlock, LWC, and SwornJail. Everything else could be added later. Right now I am just looking for plugin developers who may want to help me with this. Whenever the server is done, I plan to have it available only to the current PC players and anyone who helps me create the PE version until the MCPE 0.9.0 and PocketMine 1.4 updates. Then, once all those plugins are updated to PM 1.4, I'd release it to the public. If you are interested, please send me a private message with the subject "Nightfall PE Application", send me an email at [email protected], add me on Skype (darunia181818), or send me something on Twitter (@Darunia1818). This week (the week of 3/16/14-3/22/14), the PC server is down for maintenance, but if you want to check it out at another time, the IP is play.nightfallmc.net. I think checking out the PC server would give you guys a better idea of my vision for the PE server.

Thank you to anyone who read all of that!
  2. IRON

IRON Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    DimondHunter
    i Think i can help! just pm me ok!
  3. Falk

Falk Staff Member Global Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Falkirknh
    Shouldn't this be in plugin requests, maybe not :)
    AutoRank - The time bit is easy but I'm not sure how many of the other features you want, that could make it complicated.
    LogBlock - SQL can be pretty darn slow depending on what you are doing.
    MultiInv - That sounds interesting...
  4. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    For AutoRank, since it wouldn't need a public release it would be pretty simple, something even I could do XD And MultiInv is something that I really love about PC servers because it can set up separate gamemodes on different worlds without needing multiple servers and RubberBand or anything :)

And the reason why I put it here is because it's kind of a larger project and would require a lot of teamwork besides just people making them individually.
    Falk likes this.
  5. randall123459

randall123459 Ban Evader Banned

Minecraft User:
    randall123459
    I will definitely help wherever I can!!!
    Darunia18 likes this.
  6. Falk

Falk Staff Member Global Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Falkirknh
    I would like to look into making the inventory plugin, I will see what I can come up with.
    Darunia18 likes this.
  7. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    SwornJail - I'm already working on this...
    Darunia18 likes this.
  8. IRON

IRON Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    DimondHunter
    im willing and able!
  9. IRON

IRON Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    DimondHunter
    ill do Essentials- Based off of Bukkit Essentials, this would just be something simple and would mostly be combining the code of some other peoples' plugins, with their permission and giving them credit.
  10. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Awesome! :D

Sounds great!

Ok. I'll start a PM with you explaining some of my ideas I've had so far, and if you want me to contact plugin devs, I will.

Thanks for all the help guys! :D Next week, I plan on getting back into plugin development and working on some of these things, but I just have to finish some school work.
  11. MegaSamNinja

MegaSamNinja Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Bamuel
    Mmmmmm I might do the /jail plugin but it wont be public cause im not going to add a config file
  12. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
    I'm moving this to Plugin Development
    Darunia18 likes this.
  13. VirusCode

VirusCode New Member

Minecraft User:
    VirusCode
    I can help making the pvparena plugin
  14. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    I'm already doing it...
    Darunia18 likes this.
  15. randall123459

randall123459 Ban Evader Banned

Minecraft User:
    randall123459
    cool
  16. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Thanks. I wasn't sure exactly where to post it, so I just put it in General to be safe :)
  17. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Just an update on this: I know it's been a few weeks since I've talked about it, and I truly do apologize. Once my life got in order, schoolwork hit hard for me, and I haven't had a lot of free time since. And there has also been lots of problems on the PC server, so I'm trying to work on that as much as I can while balancing school. I'm also working on learning the new API so I can make all the plugins using that, just so it's not a headache later on.