Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Management removing water with world edit

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by unerds, Jan 27, 2014.

1. unerds

unerds Redditor Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    just wanted to share this little bit of information regarding water griefs, for those of you who may not know this is an option.

this came up on github recently as a bug report relating to the issue where not all the flowing water will dissipate when you remove the source block...

one person said just use world edit and //cut to deal with it - and that's fine

but if you have a build in the way that you'd like to preserve, there is an alternative.

this article goes over the I:eek:Meta assignments for flowing water... essentially what it says is that meta values on ID 8 are assigned to varying levels of flowing water.

so when you use //replace 8 0 - you're only dealing with ONE of the many values associated with flowing water (8) by replacing it with air(0)

to completely remove the water within the selected area, you'll have to run the //replace command several times, each time using a different meta; 8:xx as well as 9:xx.

cheers, -u.
    wies and FrozenNintendo like this.
  2. Falk

Falk Staff Member Global Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Falkirknh
    Maybe we should have a water cleanup plugin? Could make this a lot easier :)
  3. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    yeah, maybe adding a special function in world edit would be easier though...

maybe adding a function like //dewater or something to world edit could just automatically swap all metas associated with ID8/9 to air, since a new plugin would have to basically import the position defining function and the replacement function as well from world edit anyway...

anyway, once the fluid mechanics are sorted out, this won't be an issue - it's more of a temporary work around for all you hosts out there.
  4. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
    Maybe I could add 8:? to target all the metadata values
  5. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    would it work if we just used 8:? in the command?

//replace 8:? 0

that'd be awesome...

now, i get that it's for a limited time only and that it's not like this sort of thing happens all the time, but it'd be a big help for those cases.

i've even had to clean up water residue from some legit players just accidentally pouring water down a hill, not just griefers. :p

anyway, i think it's worth considering.

cheers, -u.