Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[REMOVED] beAreaGuard

Comments in 'Plugin Releases' started by unerds, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unerds

unerds Redditor Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    unerds submitted a new plugin:

beAreaGuard - Simple Area/Chest Protection - Allows Multiple Builders/Area - Optional Builder Whitelist - OPs can delete user areas.

Read more about this plugin...
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. Salvacia

Salvacia New Member

Minecraft User:
    Salvacia
    is there a way to allow only certain people have access to the commands? and not everyone as default. I only want me an my builders to be able to protect a area
  3. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    use permission plus - you can set command permissions for separate groups.
  4. Dougle_1

Dougle_1 Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    Dougle_1
    thanks for writing better instruction been looking for this
  5. tnpxxsheepdog

tnpxxsheepdog Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    I have used bemonitor for a long time. If i replace bemonitor with this, will I have to redo all my areas or will it read the config that bemonitor made?
  6. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    it will read the same .bin file where the protected areas are saved - but you have to change the folder to beAreaGuard
  7. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Just tried it works like a charm. unerds I really want to thank you for this please keep this alive. I dont need the whole bemonitor setup just this thanks so much!!!
  8. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    i'm happy to provide this, and really it's Blue Electric who gets all the credit... the core area protection function is fantastic in this plugin.

all i did was cut away some bits, reword/rename some bits and thats it!

anyway, i intend to have a go at translating what little programming knowledge i have (python mostly) to php using this as a project though... i have some features in mind that i think are do-able and not too complicated to start.

cheers, -u.
  9. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Ok so for the white world thing I want to make it so users must fill out an application to get building rights for the server. Anyway you can make the areabuilder command allowable in the console? It would kill me to have to add it on my tablet since i don't play the game too much, i just own and run the server. We would most likely have 40-50 apps a day and that would be a lot to add.
  10. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    i'll look into it...

i want to stress that i have almost zero PHP experience - and it could take a while for me to sort that out.

in the mean time - as a workaround perhaps you could edit usernames into the file directly?
  11. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    My idiot self did not think of that :)

Thank you and good luck!
  12. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Ok here is what I have so far: a:1:{s:15:"area_whiteworld";a:1:{s:5:"world";a:3:{i:0;s:13:"TNPXXSHEEPDOG";i:1;s:10:

That is from adding in game but to do it to the file, what are the a:1 and s:5 things? Thanks again

EDIT: Also is there a way i can change the message to say "apply for building rights at www.bcapply.tk" when they try to break/build on the server?
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  13. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    i'll have to go over the document to figure out how the whiteworld entries are constructed...

as for the message, you can totally customize it in the beAreaGuard.php file:

$this->chatTo($player, "You Not Allowed to Access/Edit This Block");
    $this->chatTo($player, "This World is WhiteWorld, Build In Your Area");

lines 645 and 646
  14. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Awesome it worked! How reliable is this system in your opinion? This plugin basically now is the backbone of my server please keep it alive with updates :D
  15. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    in all honesty, i couldn't say.

I'll certainly be attempting to maintain this plugin, as it's now become the backbone of my server as well... i've been running private area protector and pocket guard since i started hosting, and i just gave it all up once i found and tweaked this one.

however, as i've said (and i feel like i'm really going out of my way to make this clear) i'm an absolute noob with PHP.

I have toyed with python for a few years now, and i feel like i have a decent enough understanding of how programs are written, how to structure statements, how classes work and such so i may be able to translate that understanding to this format... but it might not be so simple... i haven't really looked into it in detail yet.

so, it is 100% my intention to keep it alive, and i'll work towards increasing my understanding of php, but if an API update comes too soon, and that update breaks the plugin to an extent greater than what i can manage to figure out, we're screwed.
  16. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    You can always ask for help in the forums. I ma sure an API problem could be fixed.
  17. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_
    ooookay, so after looking over my own area.bin file i've managed to figure out what the a:1/s:5 bits mean, and it's not pretty!

a:xx = the number of entries contained within the following braces

i:xx = the number in sequence of the following player name

s:xx = the length of the string (username)

using your .bin file, i've managed to figure out how it's done.

don't change the greyed out text.

a:1:{s:15:"area_whiteworld";a:1:{s:5:"world";a:3:{i:0;s:13:"TNPXXSHEEPDOG";i:1;s:10:"10 character player name";i:2;s:6"six character player name";i:3;s:15:"15 character player name";}}

the red text a:3 would have to be increased and decreased as you add and remove players.

now, this is what one standalone entry looks like:

i:0;s:13:"TNPXXSHEEPDOG";

the next entry would then be:

i:1;s:xx:"name of xx length";

and then:

i:2;s:xx:"name of xx length";

and so on... each entry has it's own i:value (seems to be sequential from 0 upwards), the s:value is the length of the name

and each time you add or subtract a user, you need to change that a:value that prefaces the list of users to reflect the quantity of entries in that list.

as for whether or not any changes would apply in game if you update it externally, i couldn't say... at least i understand it now :p

does that make sense?

anyway, i'm trying to sort out the console command thing; but as i said, i'm much noob here.
  18. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Thanks for this but I think I'll stick to doing it in game. Yeah that console thing would be great. Ask around on the forums. Thanks so much for all the work. Keep it up, you can do it!
  19. unerds

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    unerds_

LOL no worries man! as i was looking over the format i was sufficiently baffled by it myself.

anyway, i'll play around with it some more, it may well take me a few days (or more?) to figure it out.

i'll have to exhaust all of my own resources before calling on the local experts to figure this out... i'm stubborn like that.

cheers!
  20. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    HaHa good luck! I'll be your biggest fan!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.