Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port forwarding Guide

Comments in 'Help' started by Kem, Dec 5, 2013.

?

Did this help you out?

1. Yes

48.4%
  2. No

22.6%
  3. A little

29.0%
  1. Kem

Kem New Member

Minecraft User:
    Kem200
    I thought I would make a port forwarding guide for the people who are new to setting up PM servers. If this thread isn't supposed to be in this section you may move it or delete it.

Step 1. Assuming you have already downloaded PM and have set it up the next step is to port forward.
    Step 2. Open up CMD. You can open up start and search it. Once you have opened it, type in "ipconfig". (Do not add the " ")
    Step 3. Look for the default gateway ip which should be something like 192.168.2.1. It can vary.
    Step 4. Open up your browser and type in the default gateway into the address bar.
    Step 5. This should take you to the wifi router page. If it has a login go ahead and login if not continue to the next step.
    Step 6. Look for the virtual servers tab. The name may vary depending on the wifi router.
    Step 7. Once you have opened up the virtual servers page, you will see that it will ask you to enter a port, ip, and a name. For the port you will type in 19132, the inbound and private port. For the ip you will go back to the cmd window and look for the IPv4 address. Then type that in to the virtual servers page. Name the server and you are set. Just save the settings.
    Step 7. To connect to your own server you will always connect locally if you are using the wifi router you used to port forward.
    Step 8. If you want other people to connect you will give them your static ip and the port. To find out your ip just go to google and type in my ip.
    Step 9. When connecting to your own server, the server should show up as a wifi world on your device. Just click on it and your ready to go!

PS.
    I forgot to mention to configure your firewall. If you have not configured your firewall then the port forward might not work.

If you have any questions or did not understand a step please let me know and I will do my best to help you out. Thanks for reading!

I have added screenshots that should help out. Keep in mind that all routers are different so the interface may look very different. But in the end it is all the same process that should be done. First screen shot is what should be done on the router. All the highlighted things are the important ones. The next screenshot is the CMD. I highlighted the only things that matter as well. Do NOT type in the exact same things as in the screenshots. The IPv4 may be different and the default gateway may be different as well.

Portforward.PNG
    Portforward 1.PNG
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    xxPanDroidxx likes this.
  2. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    Can I do it from my android tablet?
  3. Magnus-Noel

Magnus-Noel New Member

No sadly it has to be from a computer
  4. Kem

Kem New Member

Minecraft User:
    Kem200
    I am not sure if it is possible. You are going to port forward on the device you are gonna use to play and connect to the server.... So I honestly don't know. Also Magnus said no so I am assuming you can't.
  5. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    I tried to do it from my pc but it doesn't work. I opened virtual server page. in port I put 19132. then in ip I put my android tablet ip address(I am using droidpocketmine on my android tablet) and in protocol put udp, but it still show, that port is closed. WHY?
  6. LameGames

LameGames New Member

Remember to check the firewall in your router and to confirm it is working, you can head to http://www.ipfingerprints.com/portscan.php and see if the port is open.
  7. LameGames

LameGames New Member

This is not true, the process is exactly the same except the port is opened for the tablet. Just make sure you have opened the port for the tablet you are hosting on and not the computer.
  8. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    So I need to enabled firewall?
    And what about ip address filtering and other options, I need to enabled them too?
  9. LameGames

LameGames New Member

Some routers can be more complicated and have a firewall for extra security. If you Google how to portforward with the router's model, you would find detailed step-by-step guides. Port forwards are usually instant (don't listen to those that say that it can take a while) and require a little play around to get it working. If you may provide a screenshot of your router's page, I can help you.
  10. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    here is some pics
    I hope that is the right pics.

Attached Files:

11. LameGames

LameGames New Member

It would have helped if the resolution of the picture is much better. I believe that you have port forwarded correctly but make sure that your phone's IP is 192.168.0.100 and if possible, send the picture from a computer. And if you add your external IP (ipchicken.com), I can verify if the port is open.
  12. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    Here is another pic. Hope now you will see better.

Attached Files:

13. 99leonchang

99leonchang Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    99leonchang
    In your server.properties, is server-ip the same ip as your external ip?
  14. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    Yes.
  15. LameGames

LameGames New Member

You should leave the server-ip in the properties empty unless you know what you are doing.
  16. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    So I leave server ip empty. what next?
  17. LameGames

LameGames New Member

Try again?
  18. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    So it's working, but there is ip address 0.0.0.0. Now it is public server?
  19. juriss8

juriss8 New Member

Minecraft User:
    juriss8
    YEAY. AT LEAST MY SERVER IS PUBLIC. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME. I AM SO HAPPY :) :) :) :)!!!!!!!!!
  20. Kem

Kem New Member

Minecraft User:
    Kem200
    I am glad it all worked out for you.