Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PocketMine_Ctrl - Script to manage PocketMine server on linux.

Comments in 'Tools' started by marlboromoo, Sep 6, 2013.

1. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    So... Now support multiple servers? Wow! You are amazing @sekjun9878 and... Do you will re-upload your CakeFramework to your site? I really want to use it!
    (Send a pull request to @marlboromoo 's github git :D)
  2. wxl

wxl New Member

though not applicable to all linucies, an upstart script might be a better alternative to either.
  3. alexhore

alexhore New Member

I have been searching for the best method to start minecraft server automatically after a power cut.

Im running FreeNAS with virtual box running latest Ubuntu 64 LTE build and if I kill the power its all setup to restart except Minecraft still needs manual intervention running ./ start.sh

Is this the latest/best script for what I need it to do?
  4. PocketKiller

PocketKiller Notable Member

you've bumped a 3 year thread.
    LDX likes this.
  5. alexhore

alexhore New Member

Looks like a 3 month thread to me but I guess you mean a 3 year old thread. It's not locked for further comments and my question is quite specific to this thread. I could create a new thread asking if this sort of thing exists but I'm sure someone would tell me to use the search button or use it for me so I did and this is where I am. I'm sat pondering if there is anyone else out there using a pocketmine server that starts back up when the power drops out.

It would be wonderful if someone could tell me if there is an alternative solutions within a thread that is sub 3 years old that will do what I would like it to.

Much appreciated in advance.
    LDX likes this.
  6. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    Make a new thread, as long as you specify that you've already searched for it and couldn't find anything you will be fine. Bumping an almost 3 year old thread is not a great idea, it's called necroposting and I've been banned for it a couple of times on other forums.
  7. amiremad

amiremad Active Member

Minecraft User:
    amir107
    how to install this on windows
  8. PocketKiller

PocketKiller Notable Member

Only supports Linux.
    Bumpers...
  9. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Technically, once it's been bumped, adding more posts for a short time is acceptable.

I use this little script to start my PocketMine server in a screen session every time my server boots up.
    First, install screen if you don't already have it.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install screen
    Next, add (a modified version of) this to your /etc/rc.local file.
    Code:
    su -c "screen -dm mcpe" YOUR_USERNAME
    sleep 10
    su -c "screen -S mcpe -X stuff \"cd /PATH/TO/YOUR/POCKETMINE/SERVER && ./start.sh\\\r\"" YOUR_USERNAME

exit 0
    Now your PocketMine server will start with your server, and you can attach to the screen it's in by typing this into the terminal.
    Code:
    screen -D -R mcpe
    :D