Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement PocketMine Twitch TV Channel!

Comments in 'Community News' started by sekjun9878, May 24, 2014.

1. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    1.4 contains lots of stuff. One big thing is that many of the bugs that currently exist will no longer exist. Mobs, minecarts, item drops, arrows, snowballs, etc will work correctly as well because there will be actual physics programmed into it. Along with that, the plugin API is being changed, so all the current plugins will break, but it will allow new plugins to do much cooler things! Also, the server itself will run more efficiently and faster, and it will work with some of the new multiplayer features added to 0.9.0 (such as worlds now sending chunk information compressed, making it faster and easier to send to the player, with less errors). 1.4 will also support all the things in 0.9.0, and be prepared for future MCPE updates, such as redstone and enchanting.
  2. Asam Munye

Asam Munye New Member

Okay thank you for replying
    Darunia18 likes this.
  3. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Except that the current build takes 5 seconds for me to connect via local.
  4. Asam Munye

Asam Munye New Member

When do you guys think you guys are gonna bring it? just wondering.
  5. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    1.4? Around the same time as 0.9.0. @shoghicp said within the next week or two, they plan to move 1.4 to the master branch on their GitHub, meaning it'd only be a few weeks after that until it's official release, I believe. Also, 0.9.0 betas are starting for Android later this week or next week, and that'll be out in a few weeks then as well.
  6. tnpxxsheepdog

tnpxxsheepdog Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    So servers will expect a 1-2 week downtime after 0.9.0 is OFFICIALLY released so plugins can update and such. Also I am curious to know, how does shoghicp and the dev team know what to do with the code and all even though 0.9.0 isn't out? Like how do they know how everything will work with infinite worlds and networking and world compression?

I am kind of disappointed with Mojang for taking so long. But I know that 0.9.0 is going to really boost the capabilities I can do with my network and the community! I am so ready for it!
  7. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Well first, @sekjun9878 made a tool to allow 1.4 to run 1.3 plugins for a bit until everything's updated. As for 1.4 stuff, @shoghicp has been doing mostly non-0.9.0 stuff, but rather reworking everything. But yeah things like world generation and stuff are all his own code. The protocol to send it and stuff he has an idea of what it is, but will finalize that with the betas starting soon.

And I know it's taken Mojang a long time, but they didn't think it'd take this long either. It's been mostly bug fixing for about two months, so I'd imagine that's a pain in the butt for them. With the things coming in 0.9.0, as well as what's coming in PocketMine 1.4, things are really going to change for the better, and I'm super excited for it! :D
    PEMapModder and Asam Munye like this.
  8. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Awesome reply and that makes me happy that @sekjun9878 made a tool! Sweet!
    Darunia18 likes this.
  9. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    It's somewhere in this forums (I'd guess the "Tools" section but I'm not sure XD).
  10. tnpxxsheepdog

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
  11. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    I feel pity for them having to debug so long. :(
    Darunia18 and Asam Munye like this.
  12. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    They got rid of/are getting rid of the last 3 major crashes this week! :D Then it's Android betas. And Apple talked about TestFlight again for iOS 8, which is kind of similar to the Google beta testing for Android apps. The reason why Mojang still won't use it is in the current version of TestFlight, you can only have 99 testers. In the new version coming this fall with iOS 8 (so not even for the 0.9.0 update), it only allows up to 1000 testers, which isn't enough compared to the 24 million that play MCPE, I believe it is.
  13. Tiemo2000

Tiemo2000 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Tiemo2000
    Serious @shoghicp ? Am i permanently banned from twitch? All because i say something about footbal? :confused:

I wanna apologise for yesterday :oops: Plzz unban me from twitch
  14. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
    It was not that, it was for you keeping off-topic and being warned three times. This is not a place to ask this, keep on-topic
    TheRealJ2KK2J likes this.
  15. Tiemo2000

Tiemo2000 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Tiemo2000
    Am i warned 3 times? I thought 2..... But yes i was off-topic, i was just a little bit hyper

PS am i still banned?