Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PocketMine Plugin Feature

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Darunia18, Apr 27, 2014.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes!

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. It's okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Ok so I wasn't really sure what to call this topic, but rest assured, this definitely belongs in this section and not in Plugin Requests!

Anyways something that has made me think for awhile was what Tommaso from Mojang said about commands in MCPE. He said he doesn't really like commands, and would prefer that players use menu buttons or something visual, as typing on small devices can be difficult. So this got me thinking to how PocketMine could handle something like that, since we have no way to add menu buttons or anything client-side. Then the idea hit me: What if there was a way that we could use player actions and GUIs to play out commands?

With the current API, I'm pretty sure there's no way to use chest GUIs and stuff like this, and I'm not sure if it's possible with the new API either, but it'd be cool if we had the ability to open up a chest GUI that wasn't actually a chest, but acted as a false chest GUI that would be interacted with like a screen. So for example, a player wants to use a command from a certain plugin. They could type a small command, and then a GUI pops up that will take it from there. For example: a warp plugin. A player would do /warp, and a chest GUI would pop up showing a bunch of items or colors of wool or whatever that would each represent an available warp. When the player would click one of them, then, instead of the chest putting it into their inventory (because it's a fake chest GUI), it would just close the GUI and run the command /warp <warpname> for them.

Also, to initiate the command, they may not even have to do something like /warp. They could instead click on a sign to open up the GUI, or click with a certain item in their hands.

What do you guys think? Obviously this is something super complex and wouldn't expect to become a part of any plugin at this point, but it's just a cool idea for the future if someone wanted a bit more user friendliness on a PocketMine server.
  2. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    I understand that it will be possible, else I don't really understand shoghicp words xD
  3. iJoshuaHD

iJoshuaHD Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iJoshuaHD
    gui buttons for creative mode thingy sucks as what they said in the mcpedev talk since players could just go settings and turn to creative mode. if it would be possible to block using pocketmine, it would be great.
  4. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    Yes, it will be also available in the protocols ;)
    Darunia18 and iJoshuaHD like this.
  5. freshkitty?

freshkitty? Active Member

Minecraft User:
    DaMelon
    The way the creative inventory is designed just sucks
  6. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
    Yes, you can use the actual API (and the new one, it will be easier there) to create chest menus.

Oh... and this goes to plugin development
  7. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    ...right...I forgot that existed XD