Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pocketmine for Minecraft PE 0.13.0 public betas?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by remote_vase, Nov 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remote_vase

remote_vase Active Member

Minecraft User:
    remote_vase
    I have seen that Shoghi reposted on twitter "It's going to be a busy month for me as well so PocketMine updates might be slowed down, at the end of November-December I'll have free time". I understand this, but soon, more and more people will be dying to get a 0.13.0 compatible update for their servers. As the public betas for androids are out (https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mojang.minecraftpe), many people will get these betas. I am currently running the Pocketmine bleeding builds from Jenkins, but those are on 0.12.0. The blocks in Pocketmine are very limited. There are very few blocks added with every update.

WHAT TO REPLY ABOUT?
    1)Do you have the public beta for Minecraft 0.13.0?
    2)Do you want 0.13.0 for Pocketmine?
    3) Do you know when this update will come out?
    4) Do you want more blocks in Pocketmine (just like when playing in single player regular world)?
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Plustrap14 likes this.
  2. remote_vase

Minecraft User:
    remote_vase
    Me, Personally
    1) Yes, on one of my devices, I have the Public Beta
    2) I ABSOLUTELY want the Pocketmine Update!
    3) I have no idea when this update will come out
    4) YES! MORE BLOCKS PLEASE!
    Pocketmine is very popular. Do not let your fans down!
    Plustrap14 and iDirtPlayzMC like this.
  3. GamerXzavier

GamerXzavier New Member

Minecraft User:
    GamerXzavier
    1.Yes i have
    2.Yes I want so much
    3.Not really but i want it soon
    4.Yesssssssss
  4. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    Omg, could you all slow down a bit? There is no Stable build for 0.12.* but you're expecting to jump over it?
  5. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    for those complaining about the lack of PocketMine updates, remember:
    And if you want something 'stable' to run 0.12 use "MiNET", but don't expect many plugins for it
  6. remote_vase

Minecraft User:
    remote_vase
    yes, I understand this, but, I do not think the PM devs should keep working on 0.12. They should move on to 0.13, even though PM for 0.12 is incomplete.
  7. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    Why should they move to 0.13 if it stills in "beta"? Also, the head-dev of PocketMine works at mojang FIXING all the network-related stuff in MCPE, give him a break and then he will come back to fix PocketMine ;)
  8. Muqsit

Muqsit Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Muqsit
    I agree to what iksaku says. Since 1.5 things have been going swiftly and is making it harder to develop more builds...and the fact that there are more new blocks being added to the game makes it highly obvious that the update (probably) wont be released THIS fast.
    Take an example of the 0.12 update.
    PocketMine 1.6 (beta) was released during 0.12 Build 7 and is still not open to the public (meaning you cannot directly download it from pocketmine.net) ...so you can expect the so called "1.7" to come out near 0.13 B7.
  9. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Who told you @shoghicp is fixing things on 0.12? He is working on something that will affect forever, such as PHP 7 migration, network improvement, performance boosts, etc.
  10. Muqsit

Muqsit Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Muqsit
    was that supposed to be a reply for my message?...because I never mentioned Shoghi working on 0.12 :confused:
  11. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Sorry, I was replying to @remote_vase
    Vaivez66 likes this.
  12. EschieEsh

EschieEsh Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Escherion
    I have a question. Why does Mojang release updates so fast? Just curious. This was not like that between 0.7.5-0.8.1 and 0.9.0. MCPE needs multiplayer improvements and server improvements. Not frequent additions such as Redstone or anything like that. PocketMine and devs are struggling with 1.5 and 1.6 problems and now 1.7. Maybe the amount of devs is not enough to hang on? If this continues later, PocketMine won't be done anytime soon. Players (Server Owners) are also getting upset over it.
    thebigsmileXD and remote_vase like this.
  13. Muqsit

Muqsit Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Muqsit
    They got more developers over time...so yeah!
  14. remote_vase

Minecraft User:
    remote_vase
    PEMap- oh, i just took a guess, but why not take a break from these "permanent things" and come work on more pocketmine updates for 0.13!
    EschieEsh- Mojang is owned my Microsoft now. This change added a lot of new Microsoft workers to the Minecraft developer team. Pocketmine devs. soon merged with Mojang as well, creating even more devs for Minecraft. There are so many new devs, everybody contributes to the update, and WHAM! the update is out!
    Isaku- well, better to start with the development as early as possible! Still, I see your point...
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  15. Muqsit

Muqsit Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Muqsit
    Lol no no nooo. It's owned by Microsoft but The Mojang Team is still developing Minecraft & Minecraft: Pocket Edition. Rest all Minecraft Editiond are being developed by 4JStudios.
  16. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Basically, like @isaku has posted..............
    So, before you go relying on Shoghi, please keep in mind that he is busy with life beyond the screen in front of him. They is a magical land I heard of called Out Side. I hear is is quite nice out there!"
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Who knew?????!!!!!!!

And with THIS POST,
    QUOTE="iksaku, post: 128928, member: 1199"]
    And if you want something 'stable' to run 0.12 use "MiNET", but don't expect many plugins for it[/QUOTE]
    I Recommend sticking with PocketMine, BECAUSE, its ∞ (infinity) times better. AND, PocketMine is more Original.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    applqpak likes this.
  17. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Because it is Microsoft not Mojang.
    What Microsoft cares about is more updates. More updates, more people get excited, more people play Minecraft more people buy Minecraft.
    Why do they need to care about servers? Servers aren't something supported by Minecraft officially. Why would they need to think whether server software can be updated quickly enough?
    World, here comes Mojang Microsoft Minecraft Realms. You only need to pay $99/month for a one-slot server. And it is easy calculation - if you want 10 slots, $990/month. Want to add custom plugins? No problem. You don't need to learn any programming languages. Just write in English and we will let them run on the server. Worried about compatibility? No worries. You don't need to think about updates - all Minecraft versions will be compatible with Microsoft Realms!
  18. Intyre

Intyre Staff Member PocketMine Team

Minecraft User:
    Intyre
    Help! Login Packet has changed! Changing the protocol version alone won't make it work.
  19. remote_vase

Minecraft User:
    remote_vase
    Good logic! Makes a lot of sense!
  20. YazanHabal

YazanHabal New Member

Minecraft User:
    EoflaOEViceCity
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. I do not know but I want it