Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[New API] Creating a subclass of a Block

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Aussi, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Aussi

Aussi New Member

I'm trying to create a block that looks like a Gold block (i.e. it stands out from a long distance and is easy to see) but that players can walk through.

I did some digging around all the existing Blocks and thought I was on the right track taking properties from Blocks like 'Carrot' (a Crop) that you can walk on top of, combined with a subclass of block\Gold to give the look and feel of gold. Also tried setting some other properties that seemed relevant, so my code looks like this:

PHP:
    use pocketmine\block\Gold;

class 
    RegionMarker extends Gold {

protected 
    $id 1000000;

public function 
    __construct() {

parent::__construct();

$this->boundingBox null;
        }

public function 
    isTransparent(){
            return 
    true;
        }

public function 
    isSolid(){
            return 
    false;
        }

public function 
    getBoundingBox(){
            return 
    null;
        }
    }
    I've discovered that fiddling with the value of $id causes the block to look and behave completely differently - I've tried various values. However, I can't make a Gold block that can be walked through. Can anyone shine some light on the secrets of how to extend a Block to alter it?
  2. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Yes PocketMine thinks it's transparent, but clients won't because the transparency won't be sent to the client.
    iksaku likes this.
  3. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    Yes, those flags are for the server to correctly handle player movements, and prevent illegal moves (hacks xD) but anyways, you can spawn a "FallingSand" entity with the Gold Block behaviour ;) check out how sand works and I believe that it will only need a change of ID xD
    PEMapModder likes this.
  4. Aussi

Aussi New Member

Ah, thanks both, that's great, I'll give falling sand a try. Yes, thinking about it, I should have realised there are client-side implications to making your own blocks, doh!