Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minigames

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Marcelo234, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Marcelo234

Marcelo234 New Member

Hi Guys,
    I love Pocketmine,because some things are very simple! Pocketmine is very nice,but there are some Plugins who aren't at the newest API!That isn't nice!
    But when you have Pocketmine you are going to make a Server,right?How can it be that so few MINIGAMES PLUGINS are here? There are so many Minigames at the world,why there are not so many Minigame Plugins like for Pc Servers? Please guys make Minigames like "Hide and Seek"! I think that will be the most popular thing of Pocketmine!And I hope that soon many Minigame Plugins will be
    MichaucpidMCPE likes this.
  2. Marcelo234

Marcelo234 New Member

3. Praxthisnovcht

Praxthisnovcht Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PraxHellTag
    it offers some mini-games here
    Junhua likes this.
  4. Tethered_

Tethered_ Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Frostbyte58
    I think the reason there aren't more minigame plugins released is because developers who make these plugins can benefit more from having a server which has plugins found nowhere else.
    PEMapModder likes this.
  5. ThreepwoodMC

ThreepwoodMC New Member

Minecraft User:
    ThreepwoodMC
    Yes thats the point, why should a dev make a hard plugin for public, if he also could use it only for his server, to gain playerss...
  6. thrasher4219

thrasher4219 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Ninjanewmann
    If you think about it people who keep plugins to there self are kind of cheating pocketmine the program. Because people download the program because parents want something fun for there children to do and teens want something to take there minds of that they hate there boyfriend, girlfriend, parents, life (XD I love love life but not everybody), and ext. Then when people stop downloading the program do to lack of support(plugins) development stops. Then servers shut down after next mcpe update, think its best to release plugins, it doesn't have to be right away but sometime atleast. Maybe after you get board of your pleathera of players.
  7. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    1. PocketMine won't stop because of lack of plugins.
    2. You don't need to download PocketMine. Just join other servers. Actually it even improves quality by not letting everyone use that plugin.
    3. It is not cheating. There is nothing in the GPL license of PocketMine that disallows you to keep plugins private. Actually, making plugins is just like making maps in Minecraft; your code is nothing provided from PocketMine; PocketMine has no right to stop you from writing code.
    4. People can still join those servers that have these plugins. this doesn't prevent them from having fun. You don't need to have a copy to these plugins to have fun.
    5. People making private plugins can boost competition among servers.
  8. thrasher4219

thrasher4219 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Ninjanewmann
    Sorry if I affended you. The way you put it is a better way, and you're right no one is required to release there code to the public, but I guess I thought it would be a nicer thing to do. The child could wake up to a new minigame that his father set up the night before, or a teen falling back in love with a spouse, and life because they made a cute heart at the end of the mini game, showing his or her love. (That section was intended for humerus purposes.) I never thought that pocket mine would end, however releasing plugins couldn't hurt the awesomeness of pocketmine. I look at plugins like a DLC for a game, something to draw the user back into the program. I know nothing about plugins but as a user of pocket mine I like them, and I do agree they make a server more intersting, and exciting. I understand that you are a plugin developer, so I hope I did not affend you. I am sorry if I did.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    PEMapModder likes this.