Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messaging in latest build of pocketmine

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by DaveOR, Mar 1, 2016.

1. DaveOR

DaveOR New Member

Hi there,

This is my first post, so I hope this is the correct forum to raise this.

I have installed the latest build of pocketmine, cloned from github on 1st March 2016. I'm using Minecraft PE 0.14 on the ipad.

It seems that there is a problem with sending chat messages. Each time I try to send a chat message, the server sends logs an error:

[19:20:00] [RakLibServer thread/NOTICE]: Blocked <CLIENT_IP> for 5 seconds

The chat messages do not appear in the client, nor do they appear in the windows of any other clients connected ot the server.

If this is a known issue, please let me know. If there is somewhere more appropriate to raise this, please let me know and finally, if there is any way I can help to solve this problem, let me know.

Thanks for all of your excellent work on this project!

Best regards,
    Dave
  2. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Here are my questions for you.

1. What O.S. Have you got?
    2. Packaged ( In phar) or unpackaged?
    3. in console, use /version ( or /ver ) what version does it say?
    And, for your first post, Congrats. Best first post Ive seen YET. xD
    applqpak likes this.
  3. DaveOR

DaveOR New Member

Hi there and thanks!

1. Using linux CentOS 6.7. However, I have built my own version of PHP7 (version 7.0.3) that is installed side-by-side with pocketmine.
    2. Unpackaged, direct clone from repository
    3. Version output:

[21:41:24] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running PocketMine-MP 1.6dev 「[REDACTED]」 implementing API version 2.0.0 for Minecraft: PE v0.14.0.0 alpha (protocol version 45)

Thanks,
    Dave
  4. DaveOR

DaveOR New Member

Your previous response has me thinking that I might be missing a PHP dependency. In case it matters, here is the list of commands I ran to build/install PHP7:

./configure --prefix=./pocketmine/bin/php7 --enable-maintainer-zts --enable-sockets --with-curl --with-zlib —-enable-bcmath
    make
    make install
    cp php.ini-development ../lib/php.ini
    cd ../bin/
    ./pecl install pthreads
    echo "extension=pthreads.so" >> ../lib/php.ini
    ./pecl install yaml-beta
    echo “extension=yaml.so” >> ../lib/php.ini/

Regards,
    Dave
  5. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Unpackaged is your problem. Package it and try again :p (use devtools and use /makeserver)
  6. DaveOR

DaveOR New Member

That didn't solve it. I get the same error:

[RakLibServer thread/NOTICE]: Blocked <CLIENT_IP> for 5 seconds

Thanks,
    Dave

Some additional notes for anyone reading this who may be installing DevTools.

For the development builds of pocketmine, at the time of this writing, the correct location to get DevTools (version 1.11.0) from is https://github.com/PocketMine/DevTools/releases.

If you get error "[Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load plugin 'DevTools': Incompatible API version" then you might have downloaded DevTools 1.10.0 from https://forums.pocketmine.net/plugins/devtools.515/.

Also, you need to have "phar.readonly=Off" in your php.ini to use "/makeserver".
  7. CaptainKenji17

CaptainKenji17 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    CaptainKenji17
    your helps or somewhat helps nothing its the pocketmine problem, i had this problem before and when I change it fixed
  8. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    If an IP is blocked for 5 seconds, the most frequently seen reason is that an internal bug of PocketMine occurred, throwing an exception, and RakLib thinks that the client sent some malicious data to trick the server into having errors (one possible way of DoS), so client is blocked.
    To find out where the error came from, edit pocketmine.yml and change this:
    Code:
    debug:
      level: 1

Change the "1" into "2". Then we can trace where the issue occurred.
    Vaivez66 likes this.
  9. DaveOR

DaveOR New Member

Hi there,

I enabled debug=2 and I received the following exception:

[21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: Packet pocketmine\network\protocol\TextPacket 0x8e9301000c576f726c64427265616b6572000568656c6c6f
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/CRITICAL]: Error: "Call to undefined function pocketmine\mb_strlen()" (EXCEPTION) in "/src/pocketmine/Player" at line 2541
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: #0 /src/raklib/server/ServerHandler(92): pocketmine\network\RakLibInterface->handleEncapsulated(string 86.44.56.192:19132, raklib\protocol\EncapsulatedPacket `..............<USERNAME>..<MESSAGE>, integer 0)
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: #1 /src/pocketmine/network/RakLibInterface(75): raklib\server\ServerHandler->handlePacket(boolean)
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: #2 /src/pocketmine/network/Network(143): pocketmine\network\RakLibInterface->process(boolean)
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: #3 /src/pocketmine/Server(2397): pocketmine\network\Network->processInterfaces(boolean)
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: #4 /src/pocketmine/Server(2153): pocketmine\Server->tick(boolean)
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: #5 /src/pocketmine/Server(2033): pocketmine\Server->tickProcessor(boolean)
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: #6 /src/pocketmine/Server(1652): pocketmine\Server->start(boolean)
    [21:09:07] [Server thread/DEBUG]: #7 /src/pocketmine/PocketMine(464): pocketmine\Server->__construct(pocketmine\CompatibleClassLoader object, pocketmine\utils\MainLogger object, string /home/daveor/pocketmine/, string /home/daveor/pocketmine/, string /home/daveor/pocketmine/plugins/)
    [21:09:07] [RakLibServer thread/NOTICE]: Blocked <CLIENT_IP> for 5 seconds

When I saw this message, I recompiled php7 with the additional configuration parameter "--enable-mbstring" and that appears to have solved the problem!

Now that I know about debug=2 that will help to diagnose problems in future.

Thanks for your help and best regards,
    Dave
  10. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Install the multibyte extension.