Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question MCPE 0.12.x compatible PocketMine

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Jazzwhistle, Sep 7, 2015.

1. TheMoDragon

TheMoDragon New Member

Minecraft User:
    TheMoDragon
    Build 22 should work fine.
  2. Hitansh

Hitansh New Member

Minecraft User:
    HitanshD
    Is 22 the best right now or there is a better build?
  3. TheMoDragon

TheMoDragon New Member

Minecraft User:
    TheMoDragon
    Personal preference, I find that build 22 crashes the least.
  4. afb

afb New Member

Minecraft User:
    Adam
    Updated and running 1.6 bleeding build 27, latest available as of today. Unloaded all my plugins, planning to add them back in old versions (API 1.12) one at a time. Would like to get EssentialsPE, iManager, and SimpleAuth working again. Will update here with what I learn.
  5. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Shoghicp explained the update process in detail here https://forums.pocketmine.net/threads/upcoming-changes-in-api-and-php7.9991/. Not too complicated it seems, so most should be updated quite soon now that there's a PHP7 build available on the Jenkins server, and those that don't get updated by the Devs can be quite easily updated by many people here :)
    PEMapModder likes this.
  6. monofurioso

monofurioso New Member

Minecraft User:
    mono
    Dumb, noob question, but I only have the server running to let my kid and a few friends play...

I'm on Windows. If I grab one of the bleeding builds, say build 22, it errors out with the admonition that I need PHP 7.

How can I update to PHP 7?
  7. k3ithkfng

k3ithkfng Active Member

Minecraft User:
    K3ith
    You don't need PHP 7 to run the latest build #27 at http://jenkins.pocketmine.net/PocketMine-MP-Bleeding/lastStableBuild it runs with out any errors on my Windows 7 PC.
    Otherwise I think you can download PHP 7 @ http://downloads.php.net/~ab and select the second file(extension tar.gz), download it and install it.
    cksokolov likes this.
  8. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    I'm seeing a lot of crashes on 1.6dev#23 on 3 servers with

Server thread/NOTICE StringOutOfBoundsException: "Uninitialized string offset: -1" (E_NOTICE) in "/src/pocketmine/level/format/mcregion/Chunk" at line 121

It happens every time a given player tries to join (at same XYZ they were last at, and in all my servers y=1 when this happens), and can only be fixed by deleting the players .dat file. I initially thought this might be some kind of chunk error... but there's no problem when anyone visits the chunk in question. I'm sure the PM team are on this (and a cmode fix!), but since I've got some time I thought I'd try and find a solution myself. Any ideas?

EDIT: there is a problem at the XYZ in question and it's weird: I can move down through the bedrock into the void, but not back up again unless I break it. Even if I replace the floor, the same thing happens every time, but when I do it, it doesn't crash the server... only when a player spawns to those coords from player.dat.

Is anyone else seeing this or found a fix? I'm thinking maybe AlwaysSpawn might be a workaround.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  9. Goerick

Goerick Active Member

Minecraft User:
    goerick
    Oh kind of off topic but Intyre said the creative mode bug is NOT a pocketmine bug I believe.
    Jazzwhistle likes this.
  10. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Seems you are correct - but shoghicp just posted 1.6dev28 with a hack to fix the MCPE bug, and it works :) I like his comment on this:

"Bad hack, TODO REMOVE, workarounds client bug by sending inventory contents specifically for creative players <-- this commit is full of sadness"

Wish he could see the joy in my servers now that they have cmode working again!
  11. ReverendMilo

ReverendMilo New Member

As someone looking to just get a creative mode server running again for a bunch of kids, can you give a bit more detail?
    is 1.6dev28 stable enough to get them going again and where can I find his hack?
    RDC likes this.
  12. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Still trying to find clues for the Server thread/NOTICE StringOutOfBoundsException: "Uninitialized string offset: -1" (E_NOTICE) in "/src/pocketmine/level/format/mcregion/Chunk" at line 121 error. For now I have to check the players that join just before the crash and delete their .dat files :-(

Here's a video of the strangeness that happens when I visit the offending area:
  13. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Yes, here: http://jenkins.pocketmine.net/job/P..._1.6dev-28_mcpe-0.12_24f8de2c_API-1.13.0.phar

You'll also need a slightly modified SimpleAuth attached. It will show errors on console, but it all works.

Attached Files:

cksokolov likes this.
  14. hazard1nc

hazard1nc New Member

Minecraft User:
    hazard1nc
    I used the latest build from last night on git hub for mine and for some reason it won't let me use the crafting table, nothing works but tools and weapons anyway. I have to make wood planks from the inventory crafting when I'm not using the table. It's also strange there are no mobs anywhere.
  15. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    The mobs missing is true for all pocketmine bulds. They just aren't implemented yet.

The crafting issue is a MCPE-0.12 branch bug. I think you can make some things (ie pick axes), but you can't make furnaces and chests, etc. It seems that it should be simple to fix, but I think that PHP7 is more of a priority at this time.
    hazard1nc likes this.
  16. predawnia

predawnia Active Member

Minecraft User:
    GhostSpex
    Same goes for EconomySell and EconomyLand :)
    You can replace the isPlaceable with canBePlaced in the source code, rephar it and they will not crash anymore.
    Jazzwhistle likes this.
  17. predawnia

predawnia Active Member

Minecraft User:
    GhostSpex
    Go to Onebone's Github and you can download 1.1.12 which has the fix for PM 1.6 and works with build#27 as well
    Jazzwhistle likes this.
  18. NML32

NML32 Active Member

iProtector v3.1a seems to be working on PM 1.6 build #29.
  19. Mealto

Mealto New Member

ok, uploaded PocketMine-MP_1.6dev-31_php7_8768b7fd_API-2.0.0.phar and renamed it to PocketMine-MP.phar but when starting Pocketmine, I get something about needing PHP 7 and use the installer from the home page. Can someone shed some light on how to get Pocketmine running again? Latest clients cannot connect anymore.
  20. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    The PHP7 is still far from ready for production servers, and there's hardly any plugins that are updated for it yet, including SimpleAuth. If you really want to do it then you can get PHP7 for linux complete with pthreads etc here: http://jenkins.pocketmine.net/job/PHP-PocketMine-Linux/

What you probably need is a non-PHP7 build instead such as http://jenkins.pocketmine.net/job/PocketMine-MP-Bleeding/30/, but if you read this entire thread you'll see that there are still quite a few problems with the core (and MCPE 0.12.x itself), and many plugins that crash or don't work correctly, so expect to do a lot of maintenance!
    hazard1nc likes this.