Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MConverterUltimate, PMImporter, Map Conversion in General

Comments in 'Tools' started by Some_Dude, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Some_Dude

Some_Dude New Member

Hello folks,

I am coming here today to talk a little bit about converting maps into being playable on the PocketMine software. I have been battling with this issue for the last couple days, and after scouring the forums it seems the information for this process is all over, with some of it outdated.

My goal for this thread is to find out what you guys are using, and what works. As well as were I may be going wrong, or misinformed.

My objective with using the PocketMine server is to set up a server that has multiple worlds attached to it. This server will be used for Minecraft summer camps, and birthday parties. Ideally I would a love world, that than has portals to all these other mini game type worlds. Things like Sky Wars, and Hunger Games, and other fun maps that little kids love to play. I am not concerned about getting all of that set up with plugins, and configuring the plugins. i just need to first get the worlds to work, and than I will worry about all the extra jazz.

First off, I have been trying to convert maps from these websites:
    Maybe you guys have others that are better, but from Google these seem to be the most popular. All of these have come in the form of .ldb format which I am assuming is the LevelDB format. I have tried using PMImporter on these files, and it gives me an unrecognized format error. But reading back the Github page it seems maybe PMImporter doesn't support LevelDB input?

I did get MConverterUltimate to work on the LevelDB format using the LevelDB to Anvil program inside the MConverterUltimate. It spit back a bunch of .mcr files which I assume are McRegion files. But the next step for MCUltimate said find an Anvil level.dat file, and I couldn't find one of those anywhere online. So maybe all I need is the correct level.dat file and all my problems will be fixed.

I'd love to hear what method you guys use for converting maps to be playable on PocketMine, as well as where you are getting these maps from. Maybe it is a multiple part process, and I am totally overlooking something. I'd love to work on some detailed documentation about the best ways, and the latest tools to use for converting maps.

Thanks in advance for your time and support!

Respectfully,

- Some_Dude
  2. FENGberd

FENGberd New Member

Minecraft User:
    baka_f
    How about try this one?(powerful tool but too slow)

Attached Files:

3. freshkitty

freshkitty Active Member

Minecraft User:
    freshkitty
    What formats does it convert?
  4. FENGberd

FENGberd New Member

Minecraft User:
    baka_f
    See the README.txt,support leveldb,anvil and mcregion
  5. freshkitty

freshkitty Active Member

Minecraft User:
    freshkitty
    @Some_Dude I am quite honestly wondering the same thing and have never found a solution, as I don't have a windows computer either. However, if I were you I would have simply rephrased your problem and put it in the help section.
  6. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    What?! Then what do you have?
    freshkitty likes this.
  7. freshkitty

freshkitty Active Member

Minecraft User:
    freshkitty
    I know right? I run Google chrome OS. It's not THAT bad
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  8. Some_Dude

Some_Dude New Member

Hello everyone!!

I have finally figured it all out. From those website I mention I would take the 'db' folder and using MConverterUltimate convert it from LevelDB to Anvil. From there I used a level.dat from the stock set up of PocketMine. Aka the one that PocketMine generates. With the new .MCR files, and the level.dat that is generated from the PocketMine set up you should be good. The only issue is that the spawn location doesn't get carried over. So with the GENEROUS help of Intyre he assisted me in looking at the old level.dat in a HEX editor and we were able to find the XYZ, and I warped to it
  9. hervedumoulinarc

hervedumoulinarc New Member

Minecraft User:
    HerveDumoulin
    Hello could you explain how did you figure out to find The XYZ in a old level.dat file, I can get my world working, but no way to find my constructions. If you could Help would be great. Tanks