Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maximum players

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by udwarf, Jul 4, 2016.

1. udwarf

udwarf Active Member

Minecraft User:
    1Zaza
    Hi, guys!

How have load can pocketmine handle?
    What is the maximum number of online players when server still runs without problems?

It it possible to run a pocketmine server with say 100+ players online? or 1000+ ?
  2. Extreme_Heat

Extreme_Heat Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Extreme_Heat
    You're probably going to peak at 80 players. It really depends on the hardware that you have available, if it's powerful enough then you might be able to manage doing a little over 100 players.
  3. Survingo

Survingo Active Member

PocketMine can have unlimited players. Something with 2 billions each server, you just need the unreachable CPU and RAM.
    Having 2 or up to 16 GB RAM is awesome, more than 2 or 8 CPU Cores, having incredible 10 GB or up to 100 GB Disk space and 100 GB Traffic is the best you can have. But that numbers are not required for a kind of that server you need
  4. udwarf

udwarf Active Member

Minecraft User:
    1Zaza
    May be someone can provide a real example of player numbers and hardware configuration?
    All teoretical thoughts about posibilities of billions users looks kinda ungrounded

I'm currentely running a server on AWS hosting.
    on the instance t2.small (2Gb Ram and Xeon 3.3) with 20+ players the server has been significantly loaded. ~40-50 CPU

I've upgraded to t2.large instance. It is like 8Gb Ram and 2 x Xeon 3.0 GHz
    And now 35+ players tooks ~30% CPU and i'm not sure that the server will handle 50+ without notable laggs

of course my plugins are not ideal and can be optimized, and there are a lot of memore leaks, but not that much!
    What hardware do we need to run say 200+ players server?
  5. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    Multiple cores are actually not used properly on pocketmine. @Aodzip from ClearSky is working on a multi-threading version of PocketMine, which will actually use, as example, a quadcore, and thread every player in a new "task". This will make players move smoothly and the enviroment still being able to tick (redstone, grass growth etc.). But to give my data:
    6GB Ram, i7 Intel CPU, 20tps/up to 12% load without players but 125 zombie horses ;) (which teleport up 0.01 blocks every tick)
    12 players: 25% load, 20tps except when the world saves, then its 19tps.
    udwarf likes this.
  6. TheMinionBeast

TheMinionBeast New Member

Minecraft User:
    TheMinionBeast
    It's all different on every device Internet speed! Device speed Software and MB rams and more
  7. udwarf

udwarf Active Member

Minecraft User:
    1Zaza
    you mean that client's connection quality can affect server load? are you really sure?!
  8. Survingo

Survingo Active Member

Device (your server e.g. Linux) and not mobile device... ;)