Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Managing Lag

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Jag, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jag

Jag Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Jag
    I'd like to hear what other people do to manage lag and which plugins are the biggest contributors. I find that it builds up over time but that I can reduce most of it by trimming players from SimpleAuth and the main player file. Basically I delete players that haven't returned in the last 5-6 days. However, with several hundred new players logging each day recently, that is getting very tedious.

Is there anyway to automate this and/or anyway to organize the files by date rather than alphabetically?

Are there other plugins that can cause significant lag? Less routinely I trim anything that builds a file for each player, like Aliases, etc.

Any other suggestions or experience in dealing with this?
    Thank you,
    Jag
  2. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    If you run the server on a device you have access to, or a VPS, you should be able to order them by date instead, at least I think. I'm not too familiar with Linux, which I'm guessing if you use a VPS, that's what you'd be using. But I think lag issues for many plugins will be fixed in new releases of plugins in the new API, at least I hope. Some plugin developers have looked for faster means of storing data, but it's just more work to do it. I hope using databases or faster data storing methods become the norm for PocketMine soon.
  3. HostingItAll

HostingItAll Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Console
    Jag -

I have added a script to your server when you boot it, it SHOULD look for users older than 5 days and delete them.

Please submit a ticket if you have issues with this, and I will convert it to a daily CRON job.

Seems it all has been recently cleaned up, so I was unable to test.
    I currently have it set for older than 5 days delete, I can modify this if you want.

Thanks!
    Falk likes this.
  4. Jag

Jag Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Jag
    Awesome Matt. Thank you. That will help a lot. For others, Matt runs Hostingitall.com. The service is outstanding and this is a great example.
    Also I am going to limit the number of plugins until the next version, thanks Darunia.
    Jag
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.