Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdated Infinite World 1.3

Simple Infinite World

1. Arune

Arune New Member

Minecraft User:
    AruneKH
    That is odd, however I have run into an issue showing some "you max coord". Apparently the original writer doesn't have English as his primary language.

In either case, his code is also just as cryptic but I do seem to be making headway. I'm hoping I can post a resolution to this tonight.

Edit: I meant to note that I believe the source of this is the maximum worlds being set to 12. That issue I believe can be resolved by changing it to 16. (If you wish to allow 4 worlds per side. (Since the worlds are square by design.)
    EkiFoX and PEMapModder like this.
  2. Jag

Jag Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Jag
    Thanks Arune. Assuming we have a few weeks until 1.4 is mostly bug free and up and running, the nice thing about this plugin is that you can load the worlds (1-12 or 1-16) with ported maps or whatever you want (just change the name) but the server won't load them unless someone walks into them. Compared to simpleworlds, which loads all the maps in the config file, (whether or not someone is them), my testing is showing that it uses only a fraction of the memory. It might be a way to have a lot of potential maps on a server, but not be burdened by them if everyone is just building in one area.

I wonder if the fact that I am using pre-loaded renamed maps, caused the error I ran into above?
  3. Arune

Arune New Member

Minecraft User:
    AruneKH
    It is possible, I have not checked the naming from other plugins. If you check your map directory, if you have not built that is, just do a backup and delete all maps 2+.

So if you have a map "2", "3","4", etc. delete those.

It will regenerate them, ensuring if you had used the plugin before or of you have conflicting maps, it should ensure newly generated maps are error free.

But if this is an active server or anything like that, of course I wouldn't recommend deleting the maps without backing up.

Note: I am seeing the same thing with the memory utilization. Despite walking into a new map and being in a (possibly) different biome without transition, there appears to be little drawback.

If a user is not active in a map, it is not loaded as you noticed. That's a big plus of there is a large increase in the number of allowed worlds.

I am still working on the coordinate error which appears to occur when hitting a boundary based on that pre-set number of worlds.

My thought is to change the generation location from all points to allow it to go from map 4 to map 1 (for instance) if that max world boundary is hit.

However, it does not appear to really cause a jump in memory even with setting that maximum further up (36+).

Now most will not want to allow that many, but it could be possible.

Though, I'd love the end result (based on your suggestion as well - I really appreciate your feedback. This is a hobby for my kids right now so honestly, it's nice to know I'm doing something helpful) to be much like a globe or Earth shaped, for instance.

That method would allow jumping from a 3 to 6 (horizontally) or the max world (like 12) back to 1 in a vertical fashion.

Your thoughts? My apologies for rambling.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    PEMapModder likes this.
  4. Jag

Jag Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Jag
    That sounds great. I will try it with fresh maps shortly. I have two servers, one that I use for testing only. I also started this as a hobby for my kids, however I ended getting totally hooked on the developing and running a server part (which I enjoy more than the game). Its like a giant puzzle.
  5. Jag

Jag Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Jag
    I forgot to mention, I think the looping back after you reached the limit is a great idea.
  6. A1legendofmcpc1A

A1legendofmcpc1A New Member

Minecraft User:
    A1legendofmcpc1A
    Great Plugin but 0.9.0 is out
  7. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Yeah, but 0.9.0 is out later than expected. If I had known it wouldn't be out till July, I would have released this plugin months ago.

Anyway... Life's like this.
  8. EkiFoX

EkiFoX Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ekifox
    I quickly wrote this plugin and forget about the language issues. Soooorry :p
    P.S. I'm from Russia.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    LDX likes this.
  9. EkiFoX

EkiFoX Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ekifox
  10. Tester_master

Tester_master Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Tester_master