Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to make a great text particle ?

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Ritch, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Ritch

Ritch Active Member

Minecraft User:
    anonymous
    hi guys, I like the particle that is text on the image below if how to make one ?

Attached Files:

• text.jpg
      text.jpg
      File size:
      103.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Hotshot_9930

Hotshot_9930 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    HotshotHD
    Imagination.
  3. AndrewBit

AndrewBit Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    AndrewBit4
    Oneeb likes this.
  4. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    According to the image, it is not even a text particle, just pixel art by placing a square particle (properly a text this time) at the place where a pixel would appear.

Real text particles work like (actually they are equivalent to) nametags. Nametags are always properly rotated in the UI screen. The text in the image is obviously not a nametag.
    XShockinFireX, Gamecrafter and Ritch like this.
  5. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    How do I "double check" :p I wasn't wrong after all; just that I haven't played Minecraft too long I can't even determine the appropriate size of a nametag at that distance (I can't even determine the distance because I completely forgot how high one block is).
    Gamecrafter likes this.
  6. Gamecrafter

Gamecrafter

Plugins:
    I can tell that that is one text particle, so I'll assume that they're using a text particle, and some non-English characters. It's in Unicode, however. I found a couple characters in the text in this list.
    How can you tell that they used an invisible entity? Are we missing something? If so, please tell us how you concluded that they were using an invisible entity.
    Then you better start playing some Minecraft again. :p The text particle appears to have been spawned near the wooden fence above the zombie.
    @SOFe doesn't appear to be trying to start a fight, you are. What you've posted would've gotten this thread locked, not what he posted. He was only explaining the difference between a nametag and a text particle.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Oneeb likes this.
  7. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    I never installed Minecraft on my phone :D Maybe I just saw people playing it and played it on other devices.

Yes: Let's not start a fight about this.
    Gamecrafter likes this.