Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question How long a plugin approval takes?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by paetti, May 2, 2016.

1. paetti

paetti New Member

Minecraft User:
    paetti
    Last plugin i deleted, waited 2 months, still not accepted or declined, already made so much updates ;-;
  2. minebuilder0110

minebuilder0110 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Apparitional
    Wait until plugin reviewers comes on.
    applqpak and HotFireyDeath like this.
  3. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Yes. People are inactive. Don't give up hope.
    applqpak and HotFireyDeath like this.
  4. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    The point of that is that the PocketMine staff will decide if they are active, inactive or middle. They have a life too.

So before you start demanding for staff to return, think about this. All PocketMine staff have lives too. They may be busy, but they are still staff. they will still work on PocketMine in their OWN TIME! No one is going to bow down to to the knees of anyone who would demand to be a staff member, or try and mess with PocketMine.

There is a magical land I heard of called Out Side. I hear is is quite nice out there!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Who knew?????!!!!!!!
    applqpak, DeathRaven359 and Survingo like this.
  5. HotFireyDeath

HotFireyDeath Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    HotFireyDeath
    Calm down O-o...
    Hotshot_9930, Primus and applqpak like this.
  6. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    applqpak likes this.
  7. _Neisufek_

_Neisufek_ New Member

Minecraft User:
    xNaisu
    You don't know if they have a life or if they are just lazy to come on and review plugins. Have they actually proved they "have a life"? It only takes like 10 minutes or less to review a plugin!!! If they are lazy why did they even accept being staff? Who knows...
    applqpak and Vaivez66 like this.
  8. Vaivez66

Vaivez66 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    I think so... I was hoping if they could at least spend 0.000001 second for visiting or reviewing plugins... They're not working for government, are they?
    KendricksPlayz and applqpak like this.
  9. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    TheDeibo's Idea for Reviewing Plugins
    Warning: These ideas may not be the official reviewing system for PocketMine-MP, and this talk show has taken place in front of a live audience.
    And, this only describes the steps taken by the Plugin Reviewer, not how long it takes. But this is related to the topic.

Welcome to another TheDeibo's Ideas, with your host, TheDeibo! *audience claps*
    Today, we will be talking about TheDeibo's Ideas to how the Plugin reviewing system goes!

Lets make a victim called Herobrine303 - Two of the things that annoy me. Entity 303, and Herobrine. *Audience laughs*
    And Steve is the Plugin Reviewer! *Audience claps*

Steve may be under suspicion that Herobrine303 might upload a fishy looking plugin, So Steve will do a bit of research into Herobrine303's plugin.
    Let's assume Herobrine303 was making a plugin that uses Minecarts to do Mario Kart Racing.
    Steve would have to check several things. He would have to:
    • check for faulty code, by looking at the code, or testing it out.
    • check for people using stolen code. Steve can use Google, GitHub and the PocketMine forum to check that out
    • check if the plugin includes any PocketMine Plot-holes, for example the plugin would automatically op Herobrine303 upon enable.
    • check if the plugin is suitable for the PocketMine community.
    • check if there is no unneeded files with in the .Phar, because this would use up some space in the plugin.
    *Audience Claps*

Now, we have covered the Plugin side. Now let's assume Herobrine303 has made a fully functioning plugin that has passed the tests above.
    Steve would have to do also check if Herobrine303 has filled in the correct details in the Plugin Upload section.
    Without it done correctly, It would become difficult for anyone to find Herobrine303's Plugin, and the Plugin Repository would become messy.
    So, Steve would have to sort that out. But, if Herobrine303 has filled in the correct details, and submitted the plugin, then the plugin would have a high chance of being uploaded to the Plugin Repository.

That's all, "TheDeibo's ideas" fans! Cheerio!!! *Audience waves to camera that's over audience*
  10. basprohop

basprohop Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    basprohop
    applqpak likes this.
  11. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    Regardless of what they're doing they still have a responsibility to keep things going on this site. If they want to take some time off then that's fine... However, they should at the very least have a substitute to replace them. Leaving a mostly active forum without notice is in a way almost selfish to plugin developers. They could have spent days or weeks working on a plugin. They upload it and then nobody gets to use it because it's never approved and they've just wasted they're time. I'm aware in previous posts that I haven't shared this belief

I literally signed in to say this just because I'm sick of seeing posts like this.
  12. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Yes I do. Reason: Because without the PocketMine staff, there would be havoc.
    I understand. Everyone has their own opinion. Thats why we have politics.
    applqpak and DeathRaven359 like this.
  13. Dinokiller

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    I feel as though it's really not an opinion at all and it's the truth. Maybe that's just an opinion as well though. :(
  14. basprohop

basprohop Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    basprohop
    @TheDeibo is a follower not a doer. lol

I completely agree with you, it's like cutting the president some slack saying he's a busy man, so what he launched a airstrike his hand slipped. When you are a responsible of a position you are expected to live up to the standards of that position, there's no excuses.
  15. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Nahhh, I get what you mean, that they have a duty to PocketMine, which I can 25% agree.
    Buuuuuut
    People like me see the good side of (nearly) everything. Sooo.... (goto previous TheDeibo messages )

What? :3
    applqpak and DeathRaven359 like this.
  16. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
  17. Vaivez66

Vaivez66 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    What? This is literally Off-Topic. We are talking about how lazy PocketMine staff are, but all you did is just saying "I'd like to be a plugin reviewer" like a kid. I know you're not. So please, stay on topic...
    TheDeibo likes this.
  18. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Ok by that quote, they will not consider you to become staff. That's considered as begging, and most people don't like begging.
    Think of it this way.
    On a server, people ask for op and rank, but you don't give it to them because...? (Rhetorical question)
    Vaivez66 likes this.
  19. Dinokiller

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    I might become a mod or plugin reviewer if I was given the chance. I've been on this site for ages.
  20. GamerXzavier

GamerXzavier New Member

Minecraft User:
    GamerXzavier
    The Guy Ask How Long A plugin will get to be review not about why the plugin not been reviews..
    TheDeibo likes this.