Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Hack and Servers

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by PixelGuy75, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelGuy75

PixelGuy75 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PixelGuy75
    With recent threads about GhostHack messing with PocketMine servers, should server owners be worried about the security of their server? What do you think should be done about GhostHack?
  2. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    I think first of all, there should be a plugin to prevent it. As BlockLauncher does not stop the mods on servers, we can maybe arrange some agreement so we can decide if mods are allowed. We can do that by using a plugin.. Did not say this will work, this is just my personal thoughts.
    Devin5411 likes this.
  3. iJoshuaHD

iJoshuaHD Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iJoshuaHD
    this can be done using a plugin BUT its not 100% accurate because PocketMine cant check whether the client is patched with mods or not. if only MCPE clients works just like PC ones...
    PixelGuy75 likes this.
  4. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    The best way is:
    The server sends a packet to all clients, where this packet doesn't exist and will be gracefully ignored by vanilla clients.
    BlockLauncher, upon receiving this special packet, replies with a packet containing the information of mods enabled.

Then the server knows whether the client has mods. (I think very few people know how to mod BlockLauncher to make it not reply with the information of mods)
  5. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    Also, cus ur talking about hacks, is there a a way is it possible to have a plugin that only the console can use, to not let anyone op anyone else, unless they are on a list? ( for example, on a plugin, ownerop list, only owners can op others )
  6. Achak

Achak New Member

Minecraft User:
    Achak_Adhay
    On my server there is players that are invisible but to me it seems like they want to be seen and not using a hack. And they even tell me they cannot see me. I recorded a video to try to capture it. it is not very good but you can see a player flashing in and out. and you can see then going into a chest. there is a language barrier so that doesn't help.
  7. PixelGuy75

PixelGuy75 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PixelGuy75
    I think that is a bug because I noticed it on a different server I played the other day.
  8. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
    Then the people that know how to do it release another launcher :)

The way to block client side mods is not disabling them, but checking their result.
    hoyinm14mc and PEMapModder like this.
  9. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond

A more practical way on the Nodus client was to ask the suspected cheater to type ./command

If it wrote to chat then he wasn't using hacks, but if he was it would just keep opening the command window and show that Nodus was catching these inputs and thus the hacker was found.

I don't know about any MCPE exploits but something like that should in practice work.
    Delmer likes this.
  10. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    well kinda but i dont really care
    "hater gonna hate";hacker gonna hack
    that is the other side of mcpe community (ether mod user or mod maker)
    is always have a "bad" side; like most game there hacker/mods
    it just how itself progress
    Delmer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.