Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting location data from inventory object

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Nightt_Fury, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Nightt_Fury

Nightt_Fury New Member

I have a plugin where I am creating a custom chest so that it will craft special items. When ever the player closes the chest it will check the location of the chest within an array and if it is there it will create the new item. Is there any way to get the coordinate data for an inventory on the InventoryCloseEvent? Or do any of you recommend using a different event.
  2. Nightt_Fury

Nightt_Fury New Member

I have figured it out. If anyone is wondering the getHolder() function in the inventory object will return the position. So the code will look something like this $event->getInventory()->getHolder()->x
  3. Tim // robske Büba

Tim // robske Büba Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    robske_110
    getHolder() does not return a position it does return a player wich extends position
  4. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    getHolder() can be myriad instances of InventoryHolder that may or may not be a player. You need to check.
    a player is a position.
  5. Nightt_Fury

Nightt_Fury New Member

Ok, so my execution was correct but my understanding was wrong. Thanks for the help guys.
  6. Tim // robske Büba

Tim // robske Büba Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    robske_110
    Didn't I already say that a player EXTENDS position. He 'is' a position therefore, but i don't like to express it in that way
  7. Primus

Primus Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    PrimusLV
    You said 'getHolder() does not return a position' but it does return InventoryHolder instance which in this case is player and player is also position so things you said are pretty confusing.
    SOFe likes this.