Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feature Request for Particles and Effects

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Jazzwhistle, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Hello,

Two great new features in PM 1.5 are effects and particles... but I can't give effects perms to players, and now I've had to remove particles too because anyone with particles perms can stop the server. As shoghicp just pointed out to me, that is why they are OP by default - and ops can stop the server anyway... that is obviously true, but would it not be better to add command.effects.self and command.effects.other perms, and set a reasonable (or configurable) limit on particles so that our players can enjoy them too?
  2. DunxandMinecraft

DunxandMinecraft Active Member

Were you giving everyone OP?
  3. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Of course not... I use pureperms.
  4. DunxandMinecraft

DunxandMinecraft Active Member

Might see if I can create a small plugin for this. So non-op players can have the effects and use them. What effects would be needed?
  5. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    That would be great - I was giving permissions for effects to ranks that have gamemode permissions (I have a compete hierarchy from untrusted guests to completely trusted "owners") but kids will be kids... So even my trusted ranks give nausea to anyone who annoys them etc so I'm trying to figure out how to only allow players to give themselves effects (the same applies to gamemode while we are on the subject) , as many like to build with speed effect, for example, and hate waiting for an owner to give it to them.

As for particles, I was giving them to cmode members, but as with all commands they try all values for parameters... I am a developer myself, and although I understand shoghicp's point of view, personally I consider that being able to pass parameters that systematically crash a system is a bug, not a feature ;-) If particles could be limited to reasonable values then I could give it to certain ranks too, meanwhile I'll check out some particle plugins to see if they work around the problem.

I've got loads of ideas for plugins btw if you'd like to hear them... and am working on my first one myself right now, but I've never done much PHP so mine will be a very modest attempt!
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015