Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Economy plugin vs. PocketMoney Plugin

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Justmike, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Justmike

Justmike New Member

Minecraft User:
    J70
    I'm wondering if someone can provide a bit more details on how these two plugins can work together or if because of the robustness of Economy plug does it make PocketMoney uneeded? Also in the thread associated to PocketMoney Plugin there is references to another plugin PocketJobs but I'm unable to locate it?

Currently I have both installed and have been starting to set up a small town of store fronts to get exprience in the shop componet of the economy plugin but for some reason I can't seem to get the bank commands to notice me when I'm logged on. Is there a youtube or additional information I can be directed to?

I love the airport concept, I'm working on set this up where the kids will have to work and make money if they want to travel into the other worlds on the server either as a vacation or as entry to a PVP game, kind of an entry fee.
  2. tnpxxsheepdog

tnpxxsheepdog Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Economy has a massive amount of features. It comes with a ZIP packed with useful things. It is a bit buggy though... You do not need both as economy has its own money system. I wouldn't advise you put both of them together.
    Justmike likes this.
  3. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    People seem to like Economys better just because of the optional extended features it has. Plus, it's a lot easier for other developers to make plugins that tie in with it. I made one before and I really like the Economys API :)
    xktiverz likes this.
  4. tnpxxsheepdog

tnpxxsheepdog Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    TNPXXSHEEPDOG
    Economy is a bit bugged, wish the dev was more active but hey, I'll take it!
  5. Naut

Naut New Member

Minecraft User:
    Naut_
    Do either of you use ChestShop on your servers, or do you just use the economyshop plugin for stores?
  6. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    I think it's moreso just preference and which base plugin you use. If you're using Economys, I'd suggest using the EconomyShop and if you're using PocketMoney, use ChestShop. More importantly than that, though, is if you plan to have these as shops with a limitless supply that only admins will set up or if you plan on allowing players to have their own. If you want players to have their own, use ChestShop. If you are making it admin-made and limitless supplies, I'd use EconomyShop.
  7. ashead

ashead New Member

Minecraft User:
    ashead1
    I think Economy plugin made by onebone is a heavy than pocket-money,
    So, economy plugin has some error with using other some plugin
    Also he is updating some plugin in Economy, and he was modifying Economyland cuz has some bug