Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Discussion] New way to login

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by MyNameIsTriXz, Sep 9, 2016.

1. archie426

archie426 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    archie426
    Sorry, typical me. I didn't read the thread properly. Won't happen again
    As for outdated plugins just bump api and string.
  2. Extreme_Heat

Extreme_Heat Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Extreme_Heat
    At a server side perspective, it wouldn't matter if authentication used Xbox Live or Mojang account authentication. They both would achieve the exact same goal. I would not want PC style authentication primarily due to the fact that in many ways, the current authentication mechanism is superior. On PC, both the client and the server must make real-time requests to a session server to ensure that a player has been authenticated. This requires the session server to be running all the time in order to allow players to join a server. If it goes down then people aren't able to authenticate and get kicked out of the server. Even the slightest downtime will lead to people getting kicked off servers when attempting to join them.

The current PE style authentication only requires an initial OK from authentication servers and only the server needs to run a few checks to ensure that the player is authenticated. The server never needs to talk to a session server to verify anything, which cuts down on the server connection time as an added benefit.

(And yeah, PHP based crypto libraries exist, but I can almost guarantee the performance impact will be ever so evident :p)
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    archie426 and Legoboy0215 like this.
  3. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    (you could put anything in one post, my friend)
    Its not possible to connect to the mojang servers.
  4. CallumDouglas

CallumDouglas New Member

Minecraft User:
    Callum9966
    Some servers go straight to you and say Please register with /register <password>
    Although Lifeboat has thought through their authentication and made it more simple and easy to explain, plus if they don't get the password correct, it sets them as a "Guest1728" and they can still play games