Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DevTools 1.8 'makeplugin' command not seeing folder structures.

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by loginphp, Jul 10, 2014.

1. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    I've finally got DevTools v1.8 up and working, thanks to the help of MapModder. I'm able to use all commands except "makeplugin".

Just as a test I downloaded a random plugin called ChatBubbles. I extracted the .phar by using the extract command. Everything extracted just fine, but when I try to recompile it I keep getting an error about the folder structure. Keep in mind that I'm not renaming the folder or even changing the contents of the plugin, I'm literally just extracting and trying to recompile the plugin in it's extracted state; so there should be nothing wrong with the folder structure.

No matter what I name the plugin, it' default name or not, I get either this:

Am I supposed to keep the folder named to what it was extracted as? Because I've done that also, but still get one of these two errors. I haven't even tampered with the extracted plugin. I'm simply just extracting and trying to rebuild what was extracted to test it. Still no go.

I guess DevTools 1.8 is not extracting plugins to their proper structures. o_O

The ChatBubbles plugin is in the plugins folder. I even tried to move the plugin into the DevTools folder, still nothing.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    After the plugin is extracted, you have to delete/move away the PHAR file. Then, move the extracted plugin into the plugins/ directory from the plugins/DevTools directory.
    EvolSoft, TonyDroidd and loginphp like this.
  3. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    Ahh I figured it out lol I had to restart the server! doh! I was doing everything correctly once again. However, if you miss even a single step as simple as restarting the server then that could hault everything lol I thought DevTools just reads the source plugin at the time of executing the command, but apparently it needs to see it beforehand.

By the way, there's not a single instruction sheet on how to work this thing, or else I wouldn't have to make another thread on it :)

Thanks MapModder! You're always around to help people. I feel loved. <3
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    lol

it loads the plugin when you start the server. it only makes the plugin when it is loaded.
  5. TonyDroidd

TonyDroidd Active Member

Minecraft User:
    TonyDroidd
    i have the same problem :c
  6. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Read above.
  7. TonyDroidd

TonyDroidd Active Member

Minecraft User:
    TonyDroidd
    I read, but not understand :c
    I speak spanish gg
  8. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Then go to the Spanish forum. We are n providing Spanish support here.