Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DDOS Attacking

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Goerick, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goerick

Goerick Active Member

Minecraft User:
    goerick
    Due to the rising corruption and DDOS in the MCPE community here is a tutorial to give you a jump start on what DDOS is. This guide will help you on such stuff. mods i recommend you stickying.

What is DDOS?
    DDOS, or Distributed Denial of Service, is a act of sending too much packets that flood your traffic so legitament traffic cannot connect to your server. Hence the word Distributed, it means that multiple servers such as RAT, botnets, or VPS means that it uses multiple servers to generate traffic, If you use your home desktop or a friends laptop that is DOS, since its not plural.
    In other words, some pissed off *sshole just sends so much useless crap to your server it essentially overflows it, like a clogged toilet.

How do you do it?
    It is done usually by a paid stresser aka a "booter" or by a vps. Home or school devices are used, but not usually. Will not go into deep detail.

Is it illegal?
    Very well yes, however the chances of you getting caught and even going to conviction is less than 1 percent for DDOSing a minecraft server.

Can Cloudflare Block It?
    NO CLOUDFLARE CANNOT PREVENT DDOS OF GAME SERVERS!

How Can I Prevent a DDOS Attack?

In essential, you can't sadly and it is very difficult unless you have a VPN that specifically migitates DDOS attacks ora built in plan of DDOS migitation on your host. There are various methods but all very difficult and cannnot block medium size attacks aka 30 Gigabytes per second or more, this includes scripts.

How Can I Prevent DDOS Attacks

2. Intyre

Intyre Staff Member PocketMine Team

Minecraft User:
    Intyre
    That is simple, just don't run a server.

There are over 9000 pages you can find with Google about DDOS. A DDOS on a PocketMine server is not different then any other server. There is no reason to make this sticky.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.