Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross-server teleportation

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by b3builder, Dec 4, 2014.

1. b3builder

b3builder Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    b3builder
    Hey,

Is it technically possible to do cross-server teleportation? In the PC version (bukkit) I believe this is possible.

I may be mistaken, but I believe Lifeboat is doing these types of things...? If so, I would assume they are using non-open code to do it. Could anyone point me in the right direction for exploring developing a plugin for doing this...?

Thanks!
  2. xFlare

xFlare Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    xFlare
    Cross-server teleportation? Explain what you mean. Do you mean world to world? Or jump server to server?
  3. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    From server to server.

This is actually possible to redirect a player when he joins via something with proxy server. I'm not sure about it, but that's something RubberBand tries to do.
  4. xFlare

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    xFlare
    Oh, Its possible but rubberband has not been updated to the new API. Also @williamtdr is a plugin master. ;)
  5. b3builder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    b3builder
    Yes, a proxy would be possible. In fact, I have a simplified version of this set up using iptables. This only works to redirect the user _before_ they have joined the server. I want it to trigger in-game. Eg, when someone taps on a sign it would trigger a MCPE reconnect to the server and then i in parallel change the proxy for this user, or even better the triggered reconnect would trigger to a new specified domain:port.

What is rubber band? A plugin?
  6. Falk

Falk Staff Member Global Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Falkirknh
    My new service, Haikumine, will have all the servers behind a main proxy, so I plan to implement some cross server teleporting eventually.
  7. b3builder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    b3builder
    If I'm understanding you correctly it would work to just redirect all traffic (using a proxy) without even involving the client? Would the client just accept that the world, player inventory, gamemode, etc suddenly changed without notice...? Wouldn't there be package conflicts...?

I was not assuming it would "just work" out of the box like that.

I'll do some proxy experimentation and test this a bit...

/Johan
  8. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    It is possible to change gamemode in game and resend inventory. You can also just send all the new chunks. It is not very hard work to bridge the client and the new server. It is, however, harder to let the new server accept the client properly.
  9. xFlare

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    xFlare
    MCPE client crashes when changing gamemode. I dont think the client will accept the new server when its in one.
  10. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    It is s bug to be fixed. In plugin development, we tend to ignore MCPE bugs, assuming they'll be fixed when the plugin is done.