Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Countdown [MYSQL]

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by JackboyPlay, Jun 11, 2016.

1. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    You actually get line 8 by file($file)[8].
    And you can use the Apache commons-io library to do the same function. The PHP file() and file_get_contents() functions are just shortcut methods of fopen() + fgets()/stream_get_contents() + fclose(). In Java, with Apache commons IO, you can also use IOUtils.toString(new FileInputStream(file)), which has the same function. On the other hand, beginners should actually use things like FileInputStream or BufferedReader so that they actually know what the machine is actually doing. Any real programmer should know what is happening inside the machine, rather than just looking at the results.

Now, stop getting off-topic. To discuss it, let's go to another thread.
    applqpak likes this.
  2. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Before this get locked for being off-topic I'd like to add that the whole language vs language debate is meaningless, much like people arguing whether English or Chinese is "better", and speed differences between PHP/JAVA/C# are also pretty much irrelevant nowadays too. As I see it, the important question is whether the person coding is using the right tools for the job in hand, and that varies according to... the person coding, and the job in hand.

In this thread, for example, using MySQL might not be the best, easiest or fastest way to achieve the goal, but it might be a great project to do to get familiar with using MySQL in plugins, and therefore could be the "best" option for this person, right now.
    applqpak likes this.
  3. MyNameIsTriXz

MyNameIsTriXz Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    MyNameIsTriXz
    I meant it as I said it, when you mod in ModPE you need JavaScript, and when you want to add menu or GUI things you need "Rhino JavaScript" or however it's called, which uses the GUI functions of Java. I program in JavaScript and tested Java so I can asure you that I know the difference between these 2 languages
  4. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    The GUI things are not Java. They are part of the Android API, and they are Java when you use them in Java, and they are JavaScript when you use them in JavaScript.

In this context of what we were discussing about, JavaScript can totally not reflect what I wanted to mention about Java.
    applqpak and PocketKiller like this.
  5. MyNameIsTriXz

MyNameIsTriXz Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    MyNameIsTriXz
    But they have the same function name, smart aleck...
  6. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    Please check our original conversation. I was referring to the type-strict nature of Java, as well as other Java type-related features such as template programming, enumerations, etc. JavaScript has no place for these things at all.

I think the important thing is that we should not get off-topic. How are these all related to MySQL and mute countdown?
    applqpak likes this.
  7. JackboyPlay

JackboyPlay Active Member

Minecraft User:
    JackboyPlay
    Be quiet Samanta xD Its funny