Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I submit my backup protect and anti-griefing plugin/app.?

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Dougle_1, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Dougle_1

Dougle_1 Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    Dougle_1
    Hi

I have written a command line based app that runs on my server which backs up and helps protect my world from griefing and crashing. But not sure if it would be allowed.

Quick overview is.
    Once installed and pocketmine server restarted, on first run backups your world folder and key files.

Creates a config file for you to input banned words, ie words that you know shouldn't appear in your specific game like in a hunger game the word overloaded, achievement onto separate lines.

It will start to the poll console log for those words.
    It will also backup your world and key files approx every minute.

Should a banned word be detected in the console log, it will immediately stop the server restore the world and key files and restart the server. If you were running hunger game server it will also automatically start the hunger game ( hg run) once world loaded.

Only Problem not sure if it is allowed as I don't know php but am ok with command line and also used a couple of other command line based tools. Anyway wrapped them all in a .exe as easiest way to ensure tools always available and gets setup with minimal input.

To install it just requires you to run .exe requests input of root path to pocketmine server, asks if hunger game. Then next time you run pocketmine start.cmd it creates config file for banned words and brings a dos box showing it polling.

If people think this May be of use please like this post and I will upload it for people to try providing staff are happy for me to do so.
    If staff would like me to let them try it first please let me know and will create a download link.

Dougle_1
    PEMapModder likes this.
  2. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Do you mean, it includes a function for duplicating worlds?
  3. Dougle_1

Dougle_1 Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    Dougle_1
    Theoritically I guess yes, you could copy a world from the backup rename it and paste back into your world directory.

Out of curiousity what is it your thinking, kind if get what you mean.
    basically i created it as was fairly new to pmine and had a hunger game where the hunger game stopped and left the server running for anyone to connect and modify, and the world was destroyed.

Fortunately I did have a copy.

When I created this app I got take a oneoff of backup of the world folder and essential files, to keep as a master original backup.

I then got it to take a second backup to a separate location and then continuously take a fresh backup every minute and overwrite the second backup and then was set to check for the console.log for the word stopped and should it appear immediately and automatically stop the server delete the world folder and copy the world folder from the backup and over write the key files from the backup, it the autorestarts the pmine server and autostarts the hunger game,

I haven't test it in a multi world server but would be very confident it should be fine.

Kind regards
    Dougle_1
  4. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    I just want to find a quick world copying method for CNR
  5. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    You would have to make sure it's tested and works as I won't allow a broken shell script to ruin people's worlds, I already have my own version so if you would like to private message me it first I will vet it for you.
  6. Falk

Falk Staff Member Global Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Falkirknh
    This sounds like a cool tool, especially the automatic overload detection.
  7. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Any links?
  8. Dougle_1

Dougle_1 Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    Dougle_1
    Hi All

This has now been approved in the the PocketMine-MP Tools.
    post-22170

Hope you find this a valuable tool

kind Regards
    Dougle_1
  9. Dougle_1

Dougle_1 Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    Dougle_1
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  10. Dougle_1

Dougle_1 Ban Evader

Minecraft User:
    Dougle_1
    If anyone tried it feedback is appreciated.

Kind regards
    Dougle_1