Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Bigger font - Or Text to Speech?

Comments in 'Forum Discussion' started by SuperChipsLP, May 19, 2014.

1. SuperChipsLP

SuperChipsLP Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Redmol
    Hello Forums-People.

As some of you may have already known, i am severely visually impaired.
    On other forums, I have seen a button that changes the font size. Something like this would be great to have here also! And, now the best thing: Some forums also have a "Text-To-Speech" Button above every post, so people who're blind or visually impaired, can also read the texts. I often get a headache when I sit infront of the Computer while browsing forums. The Text To Speech thing could be done with Googles Speech API. Just add a button under every post that says "Read aloud" or something.
    I also have another suggestion. What about adding a style, like the old one, that is "Yellow on Black"? The little bubbles with the number above the "Inbox" and "Alerts" tab could be red again.
    This would really make my Internet-Life easier. :D

I don't require all this. It would just be nice to have. :)

Oh! I almost forgot! Here's a picture that shows how I see the Editor for the Thread.

[​IMG]
    I assume that it is like this. Since I do not see very much, I don't exactly know how I see.
    The word "sharp" is unknown to me. I am an Albino since birth. (Yes, Albinos also see bad. They're not just white like a piece of paper)

Thank you. :)
    LDX and iJoshuaHD like this.
  2. iJoshuaHD

iJoshuaHD Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iJoshuaHD
    this is a nice feature for the forums.
  3. wies

wies Notable Member

It would be a nice feature, but in the meantime you can use:
    Ctrl and +
  4. SuperChipsLP

SuperChipsLP Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Redmol
    I know. But for now, I preffer a program called ZoomText that has a Text to Speech function and a magnifier.
    Although, this isn't quite handy and takes very long to setup everytime when you need it or the Voices I have for the Text to Speech sound like creepy Robots you don't want to listen to. Also, I only have voices for german... Aand, better english voices are really expansive. I know that I could use Googles Voices, but that is much harder to do for every single text.
    wies likes this.
  5. Spurs_Man321

Spurs_Man321 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    spursman321
    Great idea hopefully @shoghicp acts on this request
  6. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
    Well, it's a bit complex to do it. Buttons to increase the font size? it can be done, but a few parts are static (It works better using Ctrl and +).
    Text to speech? Web APIs impose you a limit in how much you can use them
    jojoe77777 likes this.