Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Best way to use MCPE seeds

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by ian351c, Jan 22, 2015.

1. ian351c

ian351c New Member

Hello all,

I like to find interesting MCPE seeds online and use them to generate worlds to play using Pocketmine. Many of the recent seeds are for infinite worlds in leveldb format. Now that Pocketmine supports leveldb format, what's the best way to get as much of an infinite world as possible into Pocketmine? I've tried generating a world using MCPE 10.x for Android in Creative mode, flying around a bit, then transferring the world folder to my PM server. The world loads fine in PM, but it seems that only a small part of it is actually saved since once I get a few chunks away from the spawn point, there is an abrupt change in terrain. Is there a way to get a bunch of chunks generated in Android and saved so that when I tranfer the world to PM, I have a large area that is already generated on the Android device to explore?

Thanks.
  2. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    You need to be on Linux for LevelDB support on PocketMine-MP
  3. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    He is not asking about how to use levelDb worlds. He is asking about how to make MCPE generate the chunks using the seed and then use it in PocketMine later, because MCPE can generate terrain worlds using the seed but PocketMine doesn't have a terrain generator yet (and even if yes, it will hardly generate worlds in the same algorithm as MCPE). So he wants the chunks to be generated by MCPE before it gets loaded on PocketMine.

I recommend you to use MCEdit to generate an infinite world and type a larger number of chunks to generate&populate, and then use it in PocketMine.
  4. iksaku

iksaku Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    iksaku
    Yes, but he also wants to import the world in pocketmine, so in advance I told that xD
  5. MrPowerGamerBR

MrPowerGamerBR New Member

Minecraft User:
    MrPowerGamerBR
    It is very difficult to pre-generate a MCPE World.

If you REALLY want the new biomes, you can pre-generate a Minecraft 1.7.2 Map and then convert it to MCRegion, so you can use in PocketMine-MP (Yes, Anvil map format is supported, but, for me, it does increase a high delay when joining the server)