Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

API 2.1.0 Plugin Updating

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Jazzwhistle, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Hi, I'm in the process of updating a load of plugins from pre API 2.1.0 days which are failing with the latest PMMP master, and any help would be welcome. Yes it's not the first time we've been here, and it hopefully won't be the last :)

There's a range of issues involving mostly permissions and commands some of which I've already fixed, others which are more stubborn. For those with permissions problems there seems to be new stricter requirements on the plugin.yml permission node structure and syntax, and if not respected plugin permissions which before were op only can now end up granted by default... could that be the case or is there something deeper and darker going on?

Also in the past I could intercept a command such as /gamemode using the PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent event with priority set to MONITOR, however this no longer works (even with HIGHEST) and looking quickly through the PMMP source code I suspect the whole command management system has been overhauled recently because of recent MCPE (EDIT: this was a side effect of the perms problems)

If anyone has some ideas to help me with the above, or a list of the most important API changes that would help a lot. Meanwhile, I'm heading back into the source code...
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. dktapps

dktapps Active Member

Notable changes:
    - Entity metadata changes
    - Command hacks to get basic /command support on 0.16
    - API method changes in Entity classes.

There should not be any need to make changes to plugins unless your plugin messes with entity metadata directly. If you've found other bugs please report them to the issue tracker.