Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[API 1.9.0+] In need of active testers for ReportRTS.

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by ProjectInfinity, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ProjectInfinity
    [​IMG]

Greetings.
    I'm ProjectInfinity, the developer of the-go-to support ticket system for large Minecraft servers.
    I started porting ReportRTS to PocketMine in September and I am approaching a state where the plugin is ready to be tested for missing functionality and errors that I may be blind to.

What is the plugin's use cases?
    ReportRTS allows players to open a ticket for staff to read. This allows staff to handle incidents such as the aftermath of a grief while the staff members were offline. The system can also be used as a reminder for staff to do something later, for instance the owner of a server can instruct his or her administrators or moderators to do a specific task.

The plugin will store the location, message of the player, time and will even let you teleport directly to where the player was standing (and looking) when the ticket was opened.

Please shoot me a private message on the forums if you are interested and let me know a few things about your server, like specs and estimated player load/count.

I have to emphasise that it is INCOMPLETE, ReportRTS is not a tiny project and as such porting the code from Java to PHP is taking some time (not to mention improvements being discovered and reimplemented).

Edit 7th of December 2014:
    ReportRTS is almost feature complete and is soon in need of active testers. I can only test so much myself as a developer that does not play Minecraft Pocket Edition.

You can follow my progress on my Trello board located here;
    https://trello.com/b/iKnu6krC/reportrts-pocket-edition
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Jon and ZenCloud like this.
  2. ZenCloud

ZenCloud Active Member

Minecraft User:
    ZenCloud
    I can't quite use it now since my server is in development
  3. DovahDoVolom

DovahDoVolom Active Member

Minecraft User:
    DovahDoVolom
    Arround this time most peoples server are running the old API for the reason of how much in Dev the new API is, I had a server up with about 5 people on all the time and 20 on good days. When I temporarily started a server for 1.4 API I had about 1000 hits in 1hr. Currently I have my server down and I'm creating my server locally on my new server machine I'm going to put up.

4. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    1000 hits in 1hr => almost 1 hit every 3 seconds.
  5. DovahDoVolom

DovahDoVolom Active Member

Minecraft User:
    DovahDoVolom
    Yeah and that is what the console looked like, got the numbers from the players folder, started fresh.
  6. SImCItyMonster

SImCItyMonster New Member

How would you go about setting it up on a server?
  7. ProjectInfinity

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ProjectInfinity
    At the moment you will have to start the server once to generate the file, then set up it's MySQL connection from the configuration. At a later stage the plugin will allow you to connect to your selected data provider by using commands, just like the desktop edition of ReportRTS.
  8. codmadnesspro

codmadnesspro Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Codmadnesspro
    Tbh i'd be happy to test it but I need to make sure this does not send errors to close the server.
  9. ProjectInfinity

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ProjectInfinity
    Do not use this on a production server yet. Finding crash bugs and the like is what I'm looking for right now.
    codmadnesspro likes this.
  10. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Maybe you should test it, like a normal plugin developer.
    xFlare likes this.
  11. ProjectInfinity

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ProjectInfinity
    A good developer knows that he/she may be blind to own mistakes and as such should acquire external resources to help with the matter.

I work with software testing on a day-to-day basis. I am very familiar with these things.
  12. ProjectInfinity

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ProjectInfinity
    ReportRTS is nearing completion and more testers are needed.
    Smarticles101 likes this.
  13. ProjectInfinity

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ProjectInfinity
    The plugin is now feature complete and should work on a fresh installation without much manual setup (beyond setting up MySQL as I have opted to only ship with MySQL for the time being).

Let me know if you are interested in testing and I will PM you a link to my Jenkins build server. I expect to upload the plugin to PocketMine.net in the near future when I can confirm that it is reliable enough for a production environment.
  14. ProjectInfinity

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ProjectInfinity
    Currently looking for someone that wanted to run ReportRTS previously but could not due to the fact that it required a MySQL server.

Since the release of ReportRTS Pocket Edition I have been exclusively working on improvements to the data-provider, including support for servers without a MySQL server.

The next version of ReportRTS Pocket Edition will feature blazing fast flatfile support based on Flintstone, this system is very good for servers with not too many tickets (2000+? It's fast, but does degrade faster than MySQL). It is a "memory comes first" kind of system where it saves to disk upon server halt. Currently it creates tickets within 1ms (1/1000th of a second).

Please let me know if you are interested in testing flatfile support as I do not run a server myself.
    PEMapModder likes this.
  15. Dutok

Dutok Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    I like your logo.