Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimental AccidentCaps 0.0.1

A simple plugin to fix accendently hitted CAPS key inputs

1. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    Hi,

Why don't you understand? This is not about short, or long codes. Its about messy and clean.

You not understanding this makes this argument without a doubt, useless.
  2. CrazedMiner

CrazedMiner Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CrazedMinerYT
    Messy code means more code, clean code means less code. No matter how messy or how clean your code is does not effect how many packets are sent to servers. You should know this.
  3. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    Hi,

How would it not effect the amounts of packets sent? There is a reason MiNET has a better quality then PocketMine. That is because, there is less packets sent. Having more packets mainly lags the server to a point where it crashes which is called a DDoS technique. Same happens with the plugin.
  4. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    Hi,

You have a wrong claim. Neither are you trying to understand what is correct and what is wrong. This is why, to create no conflict, I am ending this argument.

However, you need to check the basics again.
  5. CrazedMiner

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CrazedMinerYT
    If they send less packets how does the client join, login, stay connected, recivie chunks, have player and entity movement updates? All the same packets need to be sent and bringing MiNET into it just disproves your point, MiNET's code is extremely messy but it still manages to be faster doesn't it?
  6. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    However, to give you another advantage.

Having cleaner code makes other developers have an easy job at editing your plugins easier and saves time.
  7. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    The reason it is running faster is because of the amounts of packets maintained for the specific code.

Surely, MiNET's API is badly written. In addition, it sends high amount of packets. However, those are different. Have you ever coded a MiNET Plugin?

What I meant earlier was about plugins written for MiNET and not MiNET itself. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  8. CrazedMiner

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CrazedMinerYT
    You can't send less packets to clients without loosing functionality and last time I checked MiNET has more functionality than PocketMine, it runs faster and it's got messy code. Nice point you got there.
    applqpak likes this.
  9. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    "Allowing more data after starting to process a packet can lead to congestion on the device if other packets arrive." ~ Online sources to support me.
  10. CrazedMiner

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CrazedMinerYT
    And allowing more data has to do with clean code how? If there really was an issue with messy code do you think the plugin would've been accepted?
  11. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    Answer this question, have you ever coded a MiNET plugin or are you pulling this from the back of your head?
  12. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    I just said that this was average code. Not too messy, not clean either. If it was too messy, yes, it would probably not have been accepted.
  13. CrazedMiner

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CrazedMinerYT
    Your point is irrelevant, you're constantly contradicting yourself, you said his code has always been messy and that he should learn to make it cleaner to reduce the amount of packets sent. MiNET has more features, thus sending more packets. For the client to receive so much as a message it must receive a packet from the server. There is no way MiNET can ever get around sending packets for every little thing to do with the game and since they have more features there are more packets sent. It's pretty obvious MiNET sends and receives more packets and MiNET is messier than PocketMine but for some reason it's faster than PocketMine, your quite obviously dumb if you cannot see that messy and clean code has nothing to do with the sending of packets and the speed at which the data is transfered.
  14. CrazedMiner

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CrazedMinerYT
    And no, I've never made a MiNET plugin but it does seem like I know more about MiNET than you, it might be because I've talked with the founder of the project but who knows, you could be righ, in a completely opposite universe that is.
    applqpak likes this.
  15. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    Hasn't everyone talked to Gurun about MiNET? Another developer and I helped him update MiNET to 0.13.1 with the skins bugged.

Like I said, I'd rather not argue with a beginner developer who hasn't explored this yet.
  16. CrazedMiner

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CrazedMinerYT
    Beginning developer? Where's your Active Member tag? Where's your developer tag? Where's your GitHub? You use weebly to create a website then say clean if statments reduce the amount of packets sent to a client then you call me a beginner developer?
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    applqpak and PocketKiller like this.
  17. applqpak

applqpak Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    applqpak
  18. applqpak

applqpak Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    applqpak
    Maybe if you actually knew anything about MiNET, you'd know MiNEET was created for server performance, not for plugins.
  19. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    Check your Twitter. It has a link to the website which is online on a MinersPlanet WEB server.
  20. CreeperLewis

CreeperLewis New Member

Minecraft User:
    CreeperLewisPlug
    I agree everyone has there own coding style. I am just providing some tips to improve it. However, what CrazedMiner has said is incorrect.