Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4,531.51% World Save O:

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by dxm_hippie, Aug 18, 2016.

1. dxm_hippie

dxm_hippie Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XxDXM_hippiexX
    4,531.51% 6.80 s 2,265.76 ms 0.0 0.0k World Save

Can anyone please tell me what is causing this..setting blocks in a task?..players breaking blocks? it claims that these timings were all from plugins but i dont know what is making world save fire...these timings are ridiculous..
  2. wolfdale

wolfdale Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    ace
    Can you give more info? No one will be able to know just from these info
  3. Svile

Svile Active Member

Minecraft User:
    svile
    Timings aren't ridiculous, it's your fault if you can't understand them.

i think World Save is fired when chunks are unloaded to free memory (ram) , if they changed , to keep the changes the server need to save them.
  4. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    This means that you run 0.0k times "World save" action, and the "World save" action every time takes 50 ms (time of one tick) * 4351.51% = about 2.1 s, totally taking 2265.76 ms, which means, your "World Save" action has only been executed once.

There are two percentages in each line of the timings report. The leftmost percentage refers to the total amount of time spent executing this task (many times) over the total sample time. The second percentage refers to the amount of time spent executing this task once over the time of one tick (50ms). This is inaccurate for some tasks that rarely happens (e.g. world saving, which only happens periodically if you have auto save, or once on server shutdown). To find what is continuously causing lag on your server, only look at the leftmost percentage.
    dxm_hippie likes this.
  5. dxm_hippie

dxm_hippie Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XxDXM_hippiexX
    I just meant my qorld save timings are ridiculously high..lol and my garbage collect was pretty high also, I just disabled automatic gc in the pm.yml
  6. Tim // robske Büba

Tim // robske Büba Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    robske_110
    just make them happen more often, and they won't last so long as less garbage has to be collected and less data has to be saved.
    SOFe likes this.