Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subnet Ban 1.0.0

Ban Their Subnet!

1. DarkN3ss
    For PocketMine-MP:
    Alpha_1.4 - API 1.0.0
    As requested by @decado (http://forums.pocketmine.net/threads/subnet-ban.2858/) Here is the Subnet ban plugin

Its quite simple to use

/subban add = add the players subnet to the subnet ban list
    /subban remove = removes the players subnet to the subnet ban list
    /subban list = displays all the subnets on the subnet ban list

/subban reload = reloads the subnet txt file ban list

When the plugin is started for the first time it creates the the SubnetBan directory and inside of that it has the subnetBanned.txt file what works that same was as a ban text file, you just put each IP subnet in on its own line

E.g
    and so on

P.S If you don't understand what this plugin is for PLEASE don't give it a bad rating And also if you are going to rate less than 5 start, please specify why you are doing so :)

Source Code: https://github.com/DarkN3ss61/Subnet-Ban
    Alternate Categories:
    • Admin Tools
    • Anti-Griefing Tools
    • Informational

Recent Updates

1. Updated for 1.4

Recent Reviews

1. MhikeiMPC
    MhikeiMPC
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0
    This is great because i dont use it for regular bans, i use it for ban evaders. people who use vpn. it blocks a bundle of vpn ips!
  2. Silica
    Silica
    2/5,
    Um. wouldnt this ban an entire ISP? so mow anyone using that isp is banned?
    1. DarkN3ss
      Author's Response
      No it won't as ISP's have many subnets
  3. pub4game
    pub4game
    5/5,
    Thank you very much!
  4. decado
    decado
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    I can't say enough good things about this plugin.

I've been doing the pre release testing for the Author and it's been totally painless.

People around the forums know I've been requesting something along these lines for some months, it's arrived and it's everything asked.

Every other game I have ever hosted for has had a similar function, now it's available for pocketmine as well.

We all have ONE at least ... A persistant pest or attempted OP account stealer hell bent on getting control on the sever and not for any GOOD reason. They have a dynamic IP address and you're playing a constant game of "banning whack a mole". Well, here's your answer.

It's NOT the kind of tool that should be wielded like a blunt instrument, it can negatively affect the innocent who may just share a region with the "player from hell" and you can fast end up with an empty server if you are too quick to use it ..... BUT ..

If you *have* to do it then with intelliegence and a little research and some help from the authors "Geolocation" plugin it IS possible to isolate the location and Internet Provider of the persistant offender and exclude that ISP and area combination.

Implementation is quick and simple, command structure is easy and it plays well with my 31 other plugins and the current API with exactly zero crashes, resets ior problems of any kind.

This plugin gave me a large slice of my time back and may have been the difference between the servers closing or continuing.

Regards
    Decado
    1. DarkN3ss
      Author's Response
      Thanks for this :) Good to hear its what you wanted
  5. Falk
    Falk
    5/5,
    Very easy to use, this will be greatly useful to server admins!
    1. DarkN3ss
      Author's Response
      Thanks, but thank @decado for the idea
  6. must_
    must_
    5/5,
    i finally understand, great work))
    1. DarkN3ss
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review :)
  7. Anonymous